Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

www.ispyprices.com

Making your money go further
Biggles
2 Lemon pips

www.ispyprices.com

Postby Biggles » January 13th, 2017, 2:00 pm

A few years ago, I saw ispyprices mentioned on TMF and found it very useful for comparing supermarket prices.

Last year, I started to find it wasn't displaying prices, and for the last few weeks it gives a 'privacy error' with Chrome, and a similar error message with Edge.

Is it dead? Is there something else that does the same job?

BusyBumbleBee
Lemon Slice

Re: www.ispyprices.com

Postby BusyBumbleBee » January 13th, 2017, 2:44 pm

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » January 14th, 2017, 8:58 am

I get 'The owner of www.ispyprices.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.' I found it very useful - if the author could find the time to deal with this prolem, it would be appreciated.

Biggles
2 Lemon pips

Postby Biggles » January 14th, 2017, 4:37 pm

granretire wrote:I get 'The owner of http://www.ispyprices.com has configured their web site improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this web site.' I found it very useful - if the author could find the time to deal with this prolem, it would be appreciated.

But even before Chrome started refusing to access the site, it had stopped finding prices for the last few months. Mysupermarket.co.uk looks a handy replacement.

granretire
2 Lemon pips

Postby granretire » January 15th, 2017, 8:49 am

I want to find the cheapest shop for an item, but mysupermarket.com only appears to give the price for a specified supermarket. OK, I can change the selected supermaket, but that can get rather painful if one has to trawl through the entire list of them to find the cheapest stockist of the item. Am I missing something?

Return to “Living Below Your Means”