Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to niord,gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa, for Donating to support the site

Relief.

Making your money go further
NotSure
Lemon Slice

Re: Relief.

Postby NotSure » September 29th, 2022, 2:46 pm

I too am a huge fan of YouTube, but hate the ads. Youtube has loads of live stuff that just doesn't exist on Spotify, for example. However, I find that AdBlock completely eliminates the ads for free (I actually pay a couple of quid a month to AdBlock out of gratitude, but it's free)

https://adblockplus.org/
Last edited by NotSure on September 29th, 2022, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » September 29th, 2022, 2:46 pm

Snorvey wrote:I've long loved Spotify. I think about what you get for your £9.99 per month and what I used to spend on vinyl, then CD's. Ok, you don't get the physical copy and some purists might witter on that the quality isn't the same as a CD (I don't actually know if that's true) but who cares about that?

And I know folk on here don't like Google Home devices and the like, but getting in the door from work for example and just asking it to play some music 'in the house' (i.e. on multiple devices) is sooooo much better than the old days.

But now I also like youtube (videos). I've gotton invested in a few folk who seem to put themselves through a fair amount of hardship for my entertainment.

But I HATE the adverts on Youtube. They are relentless and it seems to me they only have a small selection of advertisers. So when your flicking through vidoes (in some cases very short videos) and be subjected to the 9th showing of the 'Grammerly' advert in the space of 15 minutes, it get tiresome.

But....for only £12.99 per month you get ad free YouTube (relief!!) AND ad free YouTube music premium - which appears to be very, very similar to Spotify. And neither Spotify or Youtube demand a lengthy contract.

So sorry Spotify. Your great, but Youtube gives me much more for my money.

Big up Snorvey :) . I'm going to look into this one

AiY(D)

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » September 29th, 2022, 6:22 pm

Snorvey wrote:
NotSure wrote:I too am a huge fan of YouTube, but hate the ads. Youtube has loads of live stuff that just doesn't exist on Spotify, for example. However, I find that AdBlock completely eliminates the ads for free (I actually pay a couple of quid a month to AdBlock out of gratitude, but it's free)

https://adblockplus.org/

I looked at Ad Block, but I can't see a way of getting it to work on my telly.

Irrelevant really because of the Spotify thing offsetting much of the cost.

Could you not use a different device, such as a tablet and cast to your TV

Return to “Living Below Your Means”