Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

New Book by Todd Wenning

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
woodtrain

New Book by Todd Wenning

Postby woodtrain » December 10th, 2016, 2:00 pm

Keeping Your Dividend Edge

https://www.amazon.com/Keeping-Your-Div ... dd+wenning

Dividend-paying stocks have long been a mainstay of individual investors. Over the past decade, however, the dividend landscape has become progressively more challenging to navigate. The rise of share repurchases as an alternative for returning cash to shareholders, the increasingly competitive global marketplace, and the massive dividend cuts incurred during the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009 have all impacted the way companies and investors view dividends today. This new environment requires a different approach for selecting and monitoring dividend-paying stocks. In this book, you will learn strategies for evaluating companies’ competitive advantages and management teams, identifying promising dividends, recognizing risky dividends, and more. Todd Wenning, CFA is a professional equity analyst, investor, and writer based in Cincinnati, Ohio. His articles have been published by Morningstar, The Motley Fool, and Investors Chronicle. He is the author of the Clear Eyes Investing blog.

If you like Todd's writing, then you will enjoy this book. He goes into a ton of great examples of what works and what doesn't.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: New Book by Todd Wenning

Postby Breelander » December 10th, 2016, 2:06 pm

woodtrain wrote:If you like Todd's writing, then you will enjoy this book...

You might like his blog site too... http://www.cleareyesinvesting.com/

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » December 10th, 2016, 2:20 pm

Might get the kindle edition as an xmas present to myself. I suspect though that it'll be a case of preaching to the converted. There is surely room-for-improvement though to my rather trigger-happy way of periodically selecting a target for my re-invested dividends.

Chris

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » December 10th, 2016, 2:55 pm

Here is the UK link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_no ... dd+wenning

I just downloaded it for nothing by signing up for the 30 day "free" trial, downloaded to my ARCHIVE. Remember to cancel your subscription though or they bill you £7.99 a month.

Raptor.

MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Postby MDW1954 » December 10th, 2016, 4:02 pm

It's not actually new -- it cam out in the spring, I think. Anyway, I bought it several months ago.

I thought Todd's Dividend Edge stuff for TMF was brilliant, and it was a sad loss when it closed. Some of his picks are my best performers.

MDW1954

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”