Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Capita

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
toofast2live
Lemon Slice

Capita

Postby toofast2live » December 14th, 2016, 6:44 pm

The dust seems to have settled for now around Capita. Management expect about £500M of pretax profit this year, 2016 and expect 2017's result to be about the same. According to the corresponding EPS figures on digitallook's forecast table this gives c.2x cover for its current dividend for next year. AFAICS it has an impeccable history of rising dividends, and a director recently bought a wedge.

I believe, like BLT, that Capita is a good company operating in a lousy industry. Sure it c*cks up contracts but then so have G4S, MITIE, Interserve, Balfour etc. That goes with the contracting territory (with the interesting exception of CLLN). I would have said a "great" company, but I know some of you have been the victims of outsourcing and I have lingering doubts over an acquisition based strategy, and high debt. At a 7% yield, well covered even on reduced forecasts, I am thinking of buying. Compare and contrast with VOD, whose earnings are nowhere near covering the dividend, or GSK, in a similar situation.

So leaving aside the politics of outsourcing, and good old Luni's "warning, nay danger, zone", how safe do you folks think the CPI dividend is?

mao44
Lemon Pip

Re: Capita

Postby mao44 » December 14th, 2016, 10:36 pm

It is the huge debt that bothers me.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”