Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

My HYP Summary 2016

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
MDS1951
Lemon Pip

My HYP Summary 2016

Postby MDS1951 » December 31st, 2016, 8:02 am

Here is my summary of my HYP for 2016. My summary for 2015 can be found at post 65188 in the TMF archives.

The components of my HYP are set out below. I wouldn't buy some of them today because the yields are too low, either because of dividend cuts or capital appreciation. However, at the time of purchase the yield of each holding was either close to or above the FTSE100 average.

AMEC Foster Wheeler
AstraZeneca
Aviva
Billiton
BP
British Land
Carillion
Compass
Diageo
De La Rue
Greene King
Glaxo
Legal & General
National Grid
Pearson
Pennon
Persimmon
Reckitt Bensicker
Relx
Royal Dutch Shell
RTZ
Sainsbury
SSE
Tate
TUI
Unilever
United Utilities
Vodafone

I trimmed my holding in Persimmon and put the proceeds in Pennon. I also topped up my holding in Greene King. During the year I withdrew £3,000 of dividend income from the portfolio. The IRR for the portfolio increased from 7.6% to 7.9%.

Some time ago I unitised the portfolio on an accumulation basis and, as in 2015, although the dividend income fell in total it actually increased slightly on a unit basis. The price per unit increased slightly as well.

Overall my experience for 2016 shows again the value of having a diversified portfolio. As for 2017 I'll have to wait and see, but I'll be pleasantly
surprised if the dividend income exceeds £4,000. Still, I was pleasantly surprised in 2016 when it did that, wasn't I?

Happy New Year to us all!

MDS1951

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”