Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Cobham trading update

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
Darka
Lemon Slice

Re: Cobham trading update

Postby Darka » January 13th, 2017, 9:20 am

77ss wrote:No disrespect intended, but is this a reasonable goal to set yourself?

Surely you can never know in advance what is going to happen to the shares you hold. Does not setting such a goal inhibit you from making a sensible sell decision?

Good point 77ss!

I'm happy with my HYP except for Cobham of course - I can't see them recovering for some time but won't sell straight away as they might bounce back a little over the next month or so, of course they could just go lower - no idea to be honest.

They could of course become an excellent share in the future, but my "when to sell" decisions aren't quite finalised, I find buying easier than selling sadly so will have to rethink that goal.

regards,
Darka

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gengulphus » January 13th, 2017, 11:20 am

Darka wrote:... I find buying easier than selling sadly ...

A problem I've often seen commented on, and not just in HYP circles... One of the advantages of the non-tinkering approach is that one only has to deal with the easier side of things! ;-)

Gengulphus

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » January 13th, 2017, 1:35 pm

One of the advantages of the non-tinkering approach is that one only has to deal with the easier side of things! ;-)

I quite agree. I have an other strategy where I try to set a target price and time on purchase and I often find myself letting this slip.

Darka
Lemon Slice

Postby Darka » January 13th, 2017, 3:41 pm

Gengulphus wrote:One of the advantages of the non-tinkering approach is that one only has to deal with the easier side of things! ;-)
Gengulphus

Couldn't agree more :)

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » January 15th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Dod1010 wrote:Well done Jackdaww. lend me your crystal ball some time will you?

Dod

=======

you would be welcome , but not recommended.

it got me burford capital - a 4 bagger , smiths , greggs , somero , stobart , xp power , hostelworld , mccolls , renew , and some other successful picks (so far).

but it also got me big hits on laird , amec , next, essentra , servelec, gamedigital , sepura .

nb. few of these are HYP candidates.

:|

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”