Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Petrofac forcast yield

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Petrofac forcast yield

Postby spiderbill » March 9th, 2017, 2:33 pm

Hmm, when updating my HYPTUS today I notice that Digital Look are suddenly showing a forecast yield of 21.8% for Petrofac. :shock:
Much as I'd like that to be true it seems a tad suspect!

Anyone know what could be causing this anomaly?
Any fellow holders and HYPTUS users, be aware that you may be seeing somewhat inflated total forecast dividends today.

Spiderbill

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Petrofac forcast yield

Postby Itsallaguess » March 9th, 2017, 6:32 pm

spiderbill wrote:
Hmm, when updating my HYPTUS today I notice that Digital Look are suddenly showing a forecast yield of 21.8% for Petrofac. :shock:
Much as I'd like that to be true it seems a tad suspect!

Anyone know what could be causing this anomaly?

Spiderbill

Hi there,

The HYPTUSS tool only uses the Forecast Yield figures available from the Digital Look website, so the best thing to do when any anomaly like this is seen in your spreadsheet is to head to the main DL page for the share you're interested in, and take a look at the raw data.

We've included a button on the tool that's titled 'Open DL Site', and if you select the Petrofac PFC ticker on your HYPTUSS portfolio and then press that button, the DL site will open in your browser on that share, helping you get to where you want to be really quickly.

Doing that on your spreadsheet will take you here in your browser - http://tinyurl.com/kp8mzw9

If you take a look at the 'Key Financials' section of that Petrofac DL page, and then look at the Forecast Yield, you can see that it's currently showing as 21.7%.

Why that is, I can't really say, but that's the data that the tool is using, and until that anomaly goes then you're stuck with it unless you manually put something more sensible into the cell on your spreadsheet. You're able to do that because we've not protected the Forecast Yield column in the tool, knowing that these anomalies arise from time to time, and manual intervention is sometimes needed unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » March 9th, 2017, 11:44 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:The HYPTUSS tool only uses the Forecast Yield figures available from the Digital Look website, so the best thing to do when any anomaly like this is seen in your spreadsheet is to head to the main DL page for the share you're interested in, and take a look at the raw data.

Itsallaguess

Hi Itsallaguess

Yes, sorry if I gave the impression I was criticising the ever-useful HYPTUSS tool - not my intention at all - I was querying the DL figures which I had indeed gone to look at directly, and wondering where they'd come up with that from.

cheers
Spiderbill

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » March 23rd, 2017, 1:12 am

I see Digital Look have finally reverted to rather more sensible predictions of 6% yield and 1.7 cover.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”