Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

My next HYP pick

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
F3nlander

Re: My next HYP pick

Postby F3nlander » November 17th, 2023, 11:19 am

moorfield wrote:If it's dividend history and a good night's sleep you're after, ask your question in the other place and you'll find many more income choices that can't be discussed here. (A conversation with a mirror might be needed here asking yourself exactly why you are HYPing. I did, the mirror won.)

I'm not wedded to the idea of putting all my eggs in the HYP basket - the idea of other income equity investments like ITs/ETFs also chimes with me but I haven't spent time researching them yet. I will start by checking out 'the other place'!
F3nlander

idpickering
The full Lemon

Postby idpickering » November 17th, 2023, 2:54 pm

F3nlander wrote:
Closed End Investments is the sector - isnt that Investment Trusts? I thought they were generally not considered HYP shares?

They're regarded a quasi REITS here. See; viewtopic.php?p=438511#p438511

Ian.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » November 17th, 2023, 3:05 pm

idpickering wrote:
F3nlander wrote:
Closed End Investments is the sector - isnt that Investment Trusts? I thought they were generally not considered HYP shares?

They're regarded a quasi REITS here. See; viewtopic.php?p=438511#p438511

Ian.

Yeah, that's the blurred line, I'd put REITs in property - but they are not really investment trusts . ITs that invests in things we HYPers can't buy directly like wind farms or office blocks can be included but those that invest in other quoted UK companies are haram.

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”