Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Countrywide

For discussion of the practicalities of setting up and operating income-portfolios which follow the HYP Group Guidelines. READ Guidelines before posting
Forum rules
Tight HYP discussions only please - OT please discuss in strategies
scottnsilky
Lemon Slice

Re: Countrywide

Postby scottnsilky » November 24th, 2016, 3:29 pm

Yes,I have had it on my possible list for a month or two.

Gengulphus
Lemon Quarter

Re: Countrywide

Postby Gengulphus » November 24th, 2016, 3:40 pm

For those who might be interested, today's trading statement http://www.investegate.co.uk/countrywide-plc--cwd-/rns/trading-statement/201611240700089974P/ might be worth a look.

I've only had a quick look at it myself, but "We now expect transaction volumes for 2016 to be 6% down on 2015" isn't good news: 6% down on transactions might not sound all that bad, but it can mean a greater impact on revenues (due to pricing more competitively to try to counteract the fall in volumes) and a greater-still impact on profits (due to overheads having a more significant effect if they don't scale down with revenues). And for a company with already-low dividend cover, a big fall in profits could easily trigger a dividend cut.

I should stress that that's what struck me as the big worry from about 10 minutes of looking around. It's not the conclusions of proper research, more a starting point for it - specifically, fears suggested by the quick look that my initial research would be aimed at, to determine whether they are well-founded or not.

Gengulphus

Return to “HYP Practical (See Group Guidelines)”