Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

opening SSAS

Elena18

opening SSAS

Postby Elena18 » January 11th, 2024, 12:57 am

I am considering opening up a SSAS for the sake of having more choice in making investment decisions. i am aware i need to be a director of a company to be able to set up a SSAS and i am not currently one. i do have some prior experience of having a limited company or being self employed.

is the process as straight forward as setting up a limited company with Companies House, proceed to set up a SSAS, including any necessary registrations. do i need to show in any way a well established ltd company before setting the SSAS? my intention will be to move some funds i have under a SIPP into the SSAS. i am just wondering what i may need to be aware about before initiating this process?

my other concern is - i am not sure how much i would be able to progress the business for the next year or two as i have a chronic condition that severely limits my working ability. so it may be a particularly slow start. and it could potentially happen it never proper lift off, while i would like to give it a go, i need to be realistic. (that may still be my only possible earning option considering my condition, likely of a small magnitude). is that something to be concerned about, when having a ltd company and a SSAS?

and a further question would be, what would be the difference between including family (eg kids) within the SSAS vs just listing them as beneficiaries? shall i include the kids under the SSAS? or does that depend on the amount contributed to the SSAS which is non existent now as they are to young, so not truly an option.

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Re: opening SSAS

Postby Laughton » January 11th, 2024, 12:13 pm

Have a look here - https://ssaspractitioner.com/

I've been with them for quite a few years, having transferred from a much more expensive, time costed, administrator.

I'm sure that they will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. In answer to one question you might have, the "fixed fee" always has been just that in my case and about a third what I was paying previously.

Elena18

Re: opening SSAS

Postby Elena18 » January 11th, 2024, 7:14 pm

Laughton wrote:Have a look here - https://ssaspractitioner.com/

thank you but i feel it wasnt what i was asking about? i would like to understand a bit more before i approach companies. i would have it in mind for later though

Return to “Pensions - Practical Problems”