Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

False French traffic fine

including wills and probate
Rover110
Lemon Pip

False French traffic fine

Postby Rover110 » January 20th, 2017, 9:35 pm

I previously mentioned on Motley Fool that Europcar France had wrongly named me as driver for 3 traffic violations in May 2016, and I was annoyed that it took a lot of effort to get them to clear my name.
They had cleared my name by early July, and ECRCS even got them to pay me €50 "compensation".

In July Europcar France wrongly named me for a further 3 traffic violations. I thought I knew the right person to contact and he offered me €150 compensation. (He was then transferred to another department).

Six months on and Europcar France STILL have not cleared my name for the three traffic fines.
I was not the driver of the hire car.
I was not any of the named drivers for the hire.
I was not involved with the hiring of the car in any way.
Europcar France know this e.g.
About the ID driver used by mistake, it happens sometime in our biggest stations (charle de gaule Airport or Nice airport) and it is very unfortunate that it happens by mistake that is why we as a Customer service are here to solve this problem. We are not trying to find a victim. Regarding your case it is very unusual and that is why we have called the station to find out what was going on with your ID driver.
I can confirm the offence which happened twice at the same station, will not happen again. but if you feel like your date should be removed from our databased I can managed to remove them.
<name> | Service Relation Client | Chargé de Relation Client
Office: +33 9 69 39 32 29
Bâtiment L
Parc d'Affaires "Le Val Saint-Quentin"
78960 Voisins-le-Bretonneux France

Is there anything I can do that will get them to hurry up and clear my name?
ECRCS do not want to open a case until Europcar have finished all they have said they'll do i.e. until they have cleared my name. Which never seems to happen.

- Rover

SW10Chap

Re: False French traffic fine

Postby SW10Chap » January 26th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Are you receiving paperwork directly from the French authorities?

If so, you should be able to fill in an online form saying you weren't the driver by going to the Agence Nationale de Traitement Automatisé des Infractions website: antai [dot] fr

There is an English-language version of the site

Rover110
Lemon Pip

Re: False French traffic fine

Postby Rover110 » January 31st, 2017, 1:58 pm

It's all done by computer, and nothing outside the range of options stated by the computer may be entered.

It was never my car. So I can't say it has been scrapped / sold / stolen.
If I am to say someone else borrowed it from me, I need to specify who it was, and give a copy of their driving license.
If I am to say the offence never took place...

Europcar / Securitifleet gave incorrect information to the French authorities claiming that I had hired the car.
And they are failing to contact antai to correct their falsehood.

It's all very frustrating.
Rover

Return to “Legal Issues (Practical)”