Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

I can't seem to get a password reset done. Has this been covered already?

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: I can't seem to get a password reset done. Has this been covered already?

Postby Lootman » January 13th, 2017, 2:40 pm

Not a direct answer to your question but TMF had a problem that was similar in some ways.

I forgot my password and the email address that I had used at TMF when I registered the account was a defunct one. Since the only way to reset the password was via an email address that no longer existed, I was effectively frozen out of that account.

TMF did ask me what that email address was, presumably as an ID check to ensure I was the same person, but I couldn't remember it. In the end it was easier to just set up a new Fool account.

6Tricia
2 Lemon pips

Postby 6Tricia » January 13th, 2017, 2:54 pm

Sats. I had the same problem when somehow I got logged out and couldn't remember my password. In the end I contacted Stooz/Clariman and they sorted it for me.

Tricia

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » January 13th, 2017, 3:00 pm

Hi, yes please send a report to admin - the exclamation mark i think... or contact the team with what you need.

alternately, as you are logged in, change the password in your user control panel then you will know it for the other session?

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » January 13th, 2017, 4:11 pm

stooz wrote:alternately, as you are logged in, change the password in your user control panel then you will know it for the other session?

Tsk, tsk ... to change your password you have to know and enter your current password ;)

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » January 13th, 2017, 4:35 pm

mc2fool wrote:
stooz wrote:alternately, as you are logged in, change the password in your user control panel then you will know it for the other session?

Tsk, tsk ... to change your password you have to know and enter your current password ;)

I wish you had not said that as I am now racking my brains trying to remember what mine is..... :lol:

Raptor.

melonfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby melonfool » January 16th, 2017, 4:16 pm

For future reference most devices and browsers that store passwords for you have a page in the settings where you can 'reveal' those passwords, so if you can log in on one device you should be able to find the password in that device.

Certainly can with Chrome and Firefox.

Our company accountant got a shock when I needed one of his when he was on holiday and we had his PC log-in so I just found the password in his Firefox browser list - he has since decided not to allow ff to store passwords... (though we did need it for a genuine business reason, to run the payroll, he had forgotten we needed that particular password)

Mel

Satsuma
Lemon Slice

Postby Satsuma » January 17th, 2017, 11:21 am

So apparently I fiddled a bit too too much with trimming down my notification settings and was feeling rather ignored that nobody had replied! :D

It was only when I looked at the actual thread I saw all the responses. I shall PM/report myself regarding my pw immediately!
Thanks

Sats

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » January 17th, 2017, 12:22 pm

I know Administrator stooz was struggling with notification emails. He tried to setup an email regisation process but couldn't get it going. PPing this thread is the right thing to do. I'm sure he will get back to you re your password.

Gryff

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”