Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Equitable Life

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
bienterry

Equitable Life

Postby bienterry » January 14th, 2017, 3:12 pm

Well not a new topic but I can't figure out how to request a new Board as I see many others have done. I would very much like to see a Board for Equitable Life as a meeting place for old victims.

dspp
Lemon Half

Re: Equitable Life

Postby dspp » January 14th, 2017, 3:27 pm

I'll raise it to the mods board for Stooz and Clariman. Do you have a preference for which section it goes in ? Or what it is actually called ?
regards, dspp

Garless
2 Lemon pips

Postby Garless » January 14th, 2017, 5:35 pm

bienterry wrote:Well not a new topic but I can't figure out how to request a new Board as I see many others have done. I would very much like to see a Board for Equitable Life as a meeting place for old victims.

As my login Garless (GARless on TMF) suggests I was an Equitable Life customer but managed to escape at cost, others were not so lucky. If it needs a new board or thread I do not know. The old TMF board was very helpful for those stuck with EL and those escaping but now I do not know.

wickham
Lemon Slice

Postby wickham » January 16th, 2017, 11:23 am

The EMAG issue seems to have broken into life again!

Last week I got an email
Dear Salisbury Equitable Life victims,

The campaign for full compensation for Equitable Life victims is still very much alive and kicking!

* EMAG and the APPG "All-Party Parliamentary Justice for Equitable Life Policyholders Group" held its most successful ever lobby of MPs in Parliament in late 2016. We had a heartening 48 MPs attend and a dozen more sent a representative.

* The membership of the APPG has been steadily on the rise with 218 MPs now supporting our campaign for full compensation making it the largest APPG in Parliament by a long shot!

* APPG is currently in dialogue with ministers and have more important events planned in advance of the Chancellor's Spring Budget Statement.

* Thousands of Equitable Life victims have been contacting their MPs recently to remind them of the missing £2.65 billion compensation. It is vital that we engage as many MPs as possible in our campaign right now.

Your MP is on the APPG so one of our supporters! Have you been in touch with your MP recently about Equitable Life?

1. If yes, have you received a response?
2. If no, would you help us by emailing the attached "EMAG Facts" document to your MP and asking them to represent our cause in Parliament again?

Your help is essential to the campaign, so thank you. May 2017 bring us more success in our long fight for justice!

Usha Waygood edit: moderator gryffron: email removed

EMAG Regional Campaign Coordinator

I got £28 compensation; I asked several times if my policies qualified and was told they didn't, but the Gov. must have had some money to spare and had second thoughts. I estimated my losses as in the thousands, but the payouts were compared with a theoretical alternative which was dubious. That 'relative loss' was calculated to be £4.3 billion. Only £1.5 billion has been allocated to date. My investments were in a unitized With Profits Fund inside an Equity policy, not a pure With Profits policy, but eventually I got some compensation.

The two financial issues that have annoyed me most were ELAS where the Gov. stated in official documents that the policies were safe and implied Gov. guarantee, and RailTrack where Gordon Brown and Stephen Byers pulled the plug at 5pm on a friday without informing the Regulator who was furious and without giving the directors a chance to raise funds. There was still a lot of money available from a previous loan. Look at what has been spent since on Network Rail since!

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 19th, 2017, 7:57 pm

wickham wrote:The EMAG issue seems to have broken into life again!

Last week I got an email ...

I haven't checked in detail but you might be interested that newlyretired has reported receipt of a similar communication from EMAG and has opened a new Topic at Retirement Investing:

Eq[u]itable Life and EMAG
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2641&p=24479#p24479

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”