Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0, for Donating to support the site

Quick query about reporting a post

Formerly "Lemon Fool - Improve the Recipe" repurposed as Room 102 (see above).
torata
Lemon Slice

Quick query about reporting a post

Postby torata » July 12th, 2023, 12:49 am

Hi
I reported a post, but the message that came up was that it had already been reported, and I wasn't given an option to say why I'd reported it. It left me thinking, 'ok, does that mean the mods know that I have also reported it?'
So do the mods get informed if multiple people have reported a post so that they can see if e.g. post A got only one complaint, but post B got 8 complaints.

thanks
torata

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Re: Quick query about reporting a post

Postby Clariman » July 12th, 2023, 8:24 am

I don't know. I'll check.

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » July 12th, 2023, 8:34 am

Hi
I don't think it does. We just get the report but not grouped.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » July 12th, 2023, 8:49 am

stooz wrote:Hi
I don't think it does. We just get the report but not grouped.

Hmm...

So does this mean if one attempts to report a post and gets the "Report Post" screen, one must therefore be the first person to report said post?

If the post has already been reported, even for a different reason, one cannot report it?

If so this seems wrong. Surely the software should pass onto Team Mod all attempts to report, along with the range of reasons. The might be different reasons people are objecting to a post, some more valid than others.

Then moving on, if a report has been rejected and a post left to stand, does a subsequent attempt to report it (possibly for a different reason), will the attempt also get the message saying it has already been reported?

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » July 12th, 2023, 10:28 am

Mike4 wrote:If the post has already been reported, even for a different reason, one cannot report it?

If so this seems wrong. Surely the software should pass onto Team Mod all attempts to report, along with the range of reasons. The might be different reasons people are objecting to a post, some more valid than others.

Then moving on, if a report has been rejected and a post left to stand, does a subsequent attempt to report it (possibly for a different reason), will the attempt also get the message saying it has already been reported?

I think that a post can only have one report at a time. However, if that report has been closed, then it is possible to raise another report about that post. I haven't experimented to prove that point.

TJH

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » July 12th, 2023, 10:31 am

torata wrote:I reported a post, but the message that came up was that it had already been reported, and I wasn't given an option to say why I'd reported it. It left me thinking, 'ok, does that mean the mods know that I have also reported it?'

I had the same, but I did get a later notification that the issue was closed. I think the post had been deleted.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » July 12th, 2023, 10:38 am

tjh290633 wrote:
I think that a post can only have one report at a time.

However, if that report has been closed, then it is possible to raise another report about that post.

I haven't experimented to prove that point.

You're right Terry - a post is either in a 'reported' or 'non-reported' state, and once reported, and whilst a report is 'being dealt with', then additional reports cannot be made.

If a report is closed without a post being removed, then that post is then back in a position where it could be reported once more.

Regarding the opening post on this thread, I agree that the current 'single-report' functionality of the board software means that any 'strength of community feeling' about a particular post is difficult to assess or record, given that only a single report can be made against a post at any given time.

I think the only way around the lack of a wider multi-report facility, if someone feels strongly about a post that's already been reported, would be to send a PM (Private Message) to one of the moderators, where such feelings could at least be recognised at a formal level.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Room 102 - Site Issues, Complaints & General Chat”