Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Cheesecake

incorporating Recipes and Cooking
Changeable
2 Lemon pips

Cheesecake

Postby Changeable » December 21st, 2016, 9:30 am

After baking, I top my cheesecake with say 300ml of high fat sour cream. (This tastes delicious and gives some balance to the sweetness of the cake.)

It is then returned to the oven and given a further 5minutes @180°C so that the sour cream becomes very liquid and spreads evenly over the top of the cheesecake.

The problem is one of aesthetics... Because the cake and topping are both very white, I would like the top of the cake to look a little browned, like it has been baked a little.

If I grill it a for a few minutes, there is a risk of setting alight the baking paper that I line the spring baking form with.

Any suggestions please?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Cheesecake

Postby redsturgeon » December 21st, 2016, 9:36 am

Blowtorch?

John

Changeable
2 Lemon pips

Re: Cheesecake

Postby Changeable » December 21st, 2016, 4:20 pm

Redsturgeon

Blowtorch?

Thanks for the suggestion, but my kitchen is quite basic and I don't have a blow torch in my kitchen equipment... Maybe Father Christmas could provide one???!

I was thinking of lightly dusting the sour cheese with some very fine powdered sugar and then retuning it to the oven until it becomes a little caramélsisé.

The question is, how long would that take and at what temperature?

Changeable

Return to “Food”