Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Mobeus - Intention to launch offers

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
james188
2 Lemon pips

Mobeus - Intention to launch offers

Postby james188 » May 24th, 2017, 7:23 pm

A commendably early statement of intent this afternoon, although I was not expecting Mobeus to be in a position at this stage to state that they will need further cash in 2017/2018, so it came as a surprise to me. None of their VCTs have tapped the market since 2014/15, but they all have pretty significant current cash piles.

I actually thought that the VCTs might be compelled to return more cash to shareholders this year by way of bumper dividends, because of the rate at which they are currently deploying those funds (in fairness, pretty good). I raised exactly that point at a recent Mobeus AGM. It will be very interesting to see how much they are looking for and the supporting investment case. If it stacks up, I will be up for it because I rate the manager.

sinterklaas
2 Lemon pips

Re: Mobeus - Intention to launch offers

Postby sinterklaas » May 31st, 2017, 2:28 pm

They've been hiring and building up a growth team, headed by Trevor Hope ex ProVen VCTs. Presumably to adapt new rules. So they need to feed them some funds : )

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”