Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

VCT Internet searching

Sophisticated and complex high-risk tax-sensitive investments in small companies: handle with care
Karellan
2 Lemon pips

VCT Internet searching

Postby Karellan » November 19th, 2016, 10:31 am

It seems to me that this Lemon Fool Forum does not do well in internet searches for "Venture Capital Trusts" , VCTs etc etc and that its unlikely that the migration from TMF will increase our numbers. The pointer from TMF will not last forever and I think that new people are important in keeping this forum ahead of the game. Is there anything that could be done to make this new forum have a bigger presence regarding VCTs on the internet ?
I

BusyBumbleBee
Lemon Slice

Re: VCT Internet searching

Postby BusyBumbleBee » November 19th, 2016, 10:49 am

For a start we could - when we attend an AGM or seminar - mention the Lemon Fool. If Snooper has joined lemon fool he might help to publicise it.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » November 19th, 2016, 5:23 pm

Karellan wrote:It seems to me that this Lemon Fool Forum does not do well in internet searches for "Venture Capital Trusts" , VCTs etc etc and that its unlikely that the migration from TMF will increase our numbers. The pointer from TMF will not last forever and I think that new people are important in keeping this forum ahead of the game. Is there anything that could be done to make this new forum have a bigger presence regarding VCTs on the internet ?
I

Give it time. The Lemon has inherited the Fool's community. With time, it'll be the site people reference, and will inherit the search focus. You can help it along the way by posting good and relevant material here, and cross-referencing it from anywhere else you write where it might be relevant.

parallellines
Lemon Pip

Postby parallellines » November 19th, 2016, 8:35 pm

As an illustration of how the visibility will improve, this limited search

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q= ... .co.uk+vct

returned no results when I did it after reading the first post, but is now picking up several.

Return to “Venture Capital Trusts (VCT's)”