Taking income from an ISA

tramrider

Re: Taking income from an ISA

Postby tramrider » January 3rd, 2017, 5:48 pm

Julian wrote:
Deep down I know that for my current circumstances I could afford to take some of my ISA income rather than deny myself a few extra luxuries and leave all the income accumulating to end up in my estate when I die. I am however still having some difficulty clearing that mental hurdle that Scott mentions and actually setting up a regular monthly withdrawal. I keep telling myself "maybe next year" but next year comes and I don't do it. If anyone has been in a similar situation and has any advice about mind games that they played with themselves to help get over that hurdle then I would be interested to hear them.

- Julian

I have a SIPP in payment but 2 ISAs still building. Taking some income, while the bulk is still growing, is quite comforting.

You could start by taking a small monthly income from your ISAs, perhaps up to half, but you would still have quite a bit to reinvest and grow the capital. You would still have the pleasure of choosing where to put that remainder.

Enjoy some of it!

Tramrider

bobsmydog

Re: Taking income from an ISA

Postby bobsmydog » January 5th, 2017, 3:58 pm

The Share Centre will pay out dividends to your bank as and when received if your request this on the phone (option not available on their forms).

Return to “Brokers and Share Dealing”