Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS update versions 11.83 and b-y

Discussions regarding financial software
kiloran
Lemon Quarter

HYPTUSS update versions 11.83 and b-y

Postby kiloran » June 1st, 2023, 7:54 pm

Yes, another update. Sorry!

The changes:
  1. The Libreoffice version displayed EUR and USD prices in pounds, not pence, so wrong by a factor of 100. I'll take the rap for that, I missed that nuance when I changed the code to handle the Yahoo v10 API
  2. Just after I released 11.83 and b-x, ADVFN changed the layout of their web page (again!) so retrieving dividends from ADVFN failed. This has now been fixed (until ADVFN change the web page again)
If you don't have shares quoted in EUR or USD, and don't use ADVFN as a dividend source, there's no need to update.

New versions available at: https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weeb ... op-up.html

--kiloran

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Re: HYPTUSS update versions 11.83 and b-y

Postby AJC5001 » June 1st, 2023, 9:58 pm

Should be 11.84, of course ;)

I think I'll pass on this one for a while - updating twice in a month is enough for now.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Oh, I've noticed a typo - Banchmark 1 Yahoo ticker on the Parameters sheet! Fortunately not going to have any effect, I think.

Adrian

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » June 2nd, 2023, 5:11 am

Hate to be a raiser of possible bug...

BHP won't update for me with forecast yield from sharecast. It happens on LO b-y, but also was also happening on b-v.
Clearly the forecast yield on Sharecast has some kind of error (1,080.3%), but unfortunately HYPTUS then just hangs (at least for the hour that I left it). Is there a timeout set before HYPTUS jumps to the next?

torata

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 2nd, 2023, 7:32 am

torata wrote:Hate to be a raiser of possible bug...

BHP won't update for me with forecast yield from sharecast. It happens on LO b-y, but also was also happening on b-v.
Clearly the forecast yield on Sharecast has some kind of error (1,080.3%), but unfortunately HYPTUS then just hangs (at least for the hour that I left it). Is there a timeout set before HYPTUS jumps to the next?

torata

Curses! This was a known bug which I could have sworn I'd fixed. according to my to-do list.
The problem is caused by the comma in the forecast yield.

I'm really busy just now and I'll be away next week. I'll try to get it fixed.

--kiloran

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » June 2nd, 2023, 11:01 am

torata

I made a quick one-line fix and published version b-z at https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weeb ... op-up.html
Hope I (and you!) don't regret rushing this.

I'm still confused how I missed this, it's marked as complete on my to-do list.

--kiloran

torata
Lemon Slice

Postby torata » June 3rd, 2023, 5:12 am

kiloran wrote:

torata

I made a quick one-line fix and published version b-z at https://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weeb ... op-up.html
Hope I (and you!) don't regret rushing this.

I'm still confused how I missed this, it's marked as complete on my to-do list.

--kiloran

A quick test of just BHP shows it seems to work, so well done, Kiloran.
(One thing I didn't make clear is that Sharecast itself is showing incorrect forecast yield of 1,080.3%, but at least that's easy to manually adjust)

torata

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”