Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown, for Donating to support the site

HYPTUSS LibreOffice Yahoo Prices Update Issue

Discussions regarding financial software
bailey56

HYPTUSS LibreOffice Yahoo Prices Update Issue

Postby bailey56 » April 27th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Wondering if this is only happening to me, but I'm unable to update prices on the LibreOffice version.

Tried downloading the latest version with just BP in it but the same thing happens.

Clicking on the Get Yahoo Prices results in the following error:

com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException: Error during invoking function HypUpdPriPy in module vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/HypTopUp.py (<class 'urllib.error.URLError'>: <urlopen error unknown url type: https>
File "E:\PortableApps\LibreOfficePortable\App\libreoffice\program\pythonscript.py", line 870, in invoke
ret = self.func( *args )
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/HypTopUp.py", line 826, in HypUpdPriPy
File "vnd.sun.star.tdoc:/1/Scripts/python/HypTopUp.py", line 499, in getHtml
File "E:\PortableApps\LibreOfficePortable\App\libreoffice\program\python-core-3.3.0\lib\urllib\request.py", line 156, in urlopen
return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "E:\PortableApps\LibreOfficePortable\App\libreoffice\program\python-core-3.3.0\lib\urllib\request.py", line 475, in open
response = meth(req, response)
File "E:\PortableApps\LibreOfficePortable\App\libreoffice\program\python-core-3.3.0\lib\urllib\request.py", line 587, in http_response
'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
File "E:\PortableApps\LibreOfficePortable\App\libreoffice\program\python-core-3.3.0\lib\urllib\request.py", line 507, in error
result = self._call_chain(*args)
File "E:\PortableApps\LibreOfficePortable\App\libreoffice\program\python-core-3.3.0\lib\urllib\request.py", line 447, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "E:\PortableApps\LibreOfficePortable\App\libreoffice\program\python-core-3.3.0\lib\urllib\request.py", line 692, in http_error_302
return self.parent.open(new, timeout=req.timeout)

etc. etc...

As I said, it happens with the latest version with just one share, as well as the one I use. Thought it might be due to a network problem, but everything else seems to work OK. Grateful for any suggestions.

Running the latest LibreOffice version on Windows 10 x64

Thanks

bailey

JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Re: HYPTUSS LibreOffice Yahoo Prices Update Issue

Postby JMN2 » April 27th, 2017, 7:34 pm

Same here with versions b-c and 5.1.6.2.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 27th, 2017, 7:58 pm

Yes, I can confirm I see the same problem but it's rather strange.

Using Windows 7 64-bit and HYPTUSS version b-c....

With LibreOffice 5.3.0.3, I see the error, though the Watchlist price retrieval works fine
With LibreOffice 4.3.4.1 and OpenOffice 4.1.1, it works fine

I currently normally use LO 5.3.0.3 so I'm not sure how this problem got through testing. Maybe version b-c was tested and released before I updated to LO 5.3.0.3.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll investigate

--kiloran

Dochas

Postby Dochas » April 28th, 2017, 9:34 am

Like the other posters, I too am experiencing this problem. It seems to have happened only in the last few days although many months ago I also had it and switching off my router for a minute or two seemed to fix it then, Now it doesn't help at all. The version I have is Libre Office 5.2.6.2
Dochas

Dochas

Postby Dochas » April 28th, 2017, 9:41 am

Sorry. Should also have added I have hyp_top-up_version-b-b.ods
Dochas

spiderbill
Lemon Slice

Postby spiderbill » April 28th, 2017, 10:59 am

Same issue here. Started two days ago intermittently then kicked in fully yesterday.

Note that Yahoo have completely changed their layout yesterday and the Stockwatcher app on my Android phone has also stopped working. Likely all connected.

cheers
Spiderbill

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 28th, 2017, 4:54 pm

It's a very strange problem, but I seem to have found a fix.
See version b-c-2.ods at http://lemonfoolfinancialsoftware.weebl ... op-up.html

The error was not always apparent. Sometimes it worked, and correctly downloaded the prices, but most of the time I got the same error. What confuses me is that previous versions of the HYPTUSS which use exactly the same price download code are working 100% reliably. And a new version we are developing which also uses exactly the same code also works 100% OK.
So I'm still not clear if the problem is due to recent changes at Yahoo, recent changes to LibreOffice, or some odd quirk of my code.

Anyway, I finally found a solution by modifying the user-agent string (which essentially makes the websites like Yahoo, Digital Look, etc think that they are supplying the data to a normal web browser rather than an automated tool). I've tested version b-c-2 extensively on Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux Mint, Ubuntu, on various versions of LibreOffice and OpenOffice and it has never failed. Yet!

--kiloran

bailey56

Postby bailey56 » April 28th, 2017, 10:11 pm

Thank you for coming up so quickly with a fix Kiloran,

As you were working on another new version anyway, I just wondered whether the code fix is simple enough for someone like me to do on the version I have? Mine is quite a customised version with additional columns and sheets, so upgrading can take quite a time.

Thanks

bailey

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 28th, 2017, 10:51 pm

bailey56 wrote:Thank you for coming up so quickly with a fix Kiloran,

As you were working on another new version anyway, I just wondered whether the code fix is simple enough for someone like me to do on the version I have? Mine is quite a customised version with additional columns and sheets, so upgrading can take quite a time.

Thanks

bailey

You may regret asking!
Here, I think, is the process
  1. Open the ods file as an archive, using 7-Zip or your preferred archive manager
  2. Navigate to the folder Scripts/python and locate the file HypTopUp.py
  3. Edit HypTopUp.py using a text editor, locate the 2 instances of the text (X11; Linux x86_64) and remove this text
  4. Save the changes
It may depend on your archive manager, but I prefer to copy HypTopup.py to my desktop, edit using NotePad++, and then copy the file back to the archive

Good Luck!

--kiloran

tea42
Lemon Slice

Postby tea42 » April 28th, 2017, 10:57 pm

I got this problem with Open Office. I went to Tools/Macros and clicked on Run Macros and the problem vanished. As Open Office opened I also had clicked on Enable Macros but that obviously hadn't worked?

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 28th, 2017, 11:32 pm

tea42 wrote:I got this problem with Open Office. I went to Tools/Macros and clicked on Run Macros and the problem vanished. As Open Office opened I also had clicked on Enable Macros but that obviously hadn't worked?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are saying.
Do you mean you see exactly the same problem initially reported by Bailey56, using OpenOffice? What version of OpenOffice? And when you click on Tools/Macros/Run, what do you then do? What macro do you run?

--kiloran

bailey56

Postby bailey56 » April 29th, 2017, 10:46 am

Thank you kiloran for giving details of the fix. Your instructions worked perfectly!

bailey

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » April 29th, 2017, 3:27 pm

bailey56 wrote:Thank you kiloran for giving details of the fix. Your instructions worked perfectly!

bailey

Excellent, Bailey.
On second thoughts, it might have been slightly easier to extract HypTopUp.py from the new version b-c-2 and use it to replace your version. But, many ways to skin a cat.

--kiloran

Dochas

Postby Dochas » May 2nd, 2017, 6:53 pm

On second thoughts, it might have been slightly easier to extract HypTopUp.py from the new version b-c-2 and use it to replace your version
This was exactly what I did, Kiloran. All works perfectly now. My Mac and I are happy bunnies once more.
Thank you.
Dochas

niord
Lemon Pip

Postby niord » May 6th, 2017, 11:05 am

I saw this thread but as my version using LibreOffice was working perfectly I did not download the updated version. However yesterday I also started getting this problem so downloaded Kilorans fix and now working again
Many thanks for the hard work.

Return to “Financial Software - Discussion”