Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

The Muswell Hillbilly

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
panamagold
Lemon Slice

The Muswell Hillbilly

Postby panamagold » December 31st, 2016, 8:30 am

Arise Sir Ray Davis. Good call Betty especially considering he and I share the same birthdate.(He is much much older than me though) ;)

I wonder if brother Dave will ever be honoured for services to boxing? :lol:

Corvid

Re: The Muswell Hillbilly

Postby Corvid » January 1st, 2017, 1:30 pm

And Sir Andy Murray who shares his birthdate with me. Although he is much younger :-(

Tired of Waiting For You is one of my all time favs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64hWng2vM

Corvid.

panamagold
Lemon Slice

Re: The Muswell Hillbilly

Postby panamagold » January 1st, 2017, 8:52 pm

One of the highlights of a Kinks concert would be the hope of witnessing which one of them would be decked and by whom. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the notorious one in Cardiff where Davis D was knocked out by drummer Mick Avory. Davis was taken to hospital for treatment and when the bill apprehended Avory, who had apparently legged it, he denied any involvement in the incident. The bill supposedly then suggested that as they had over 2000 witnesses, the audience, he might consider fessing-up. In the end Davis dropped all charges against Avory and they all kissed and made up.

However, it did return to bite them. In view of that incident and the previous physical rumbles on stage between Davis R and Davis D the American Federation of Musicians imposed a 4 year ban on them touring the States. Shame really as that would have highlighted the pinnacle of their careers as they would have followed in the footsteps of The Beatles over there.

Ha, and the Gallagher blockheads thought that they had invented on-stage punch ups.

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”