Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Download interlude

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
brightncheerful
Lemon Quarter

Download interlude

Postby brightncheerful » January 5th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Happy and Healthy New Year

In just a few days, having changed my computer, iMac to iMac, having transferred over 1M files, having spent about a day trying to get the scanner (network) to work to find that post-Snow Leopard Apple changed some settings so I couldn't have resolved the issue without the help of the scanner's IT person giving me the administrator log-in password, having uploaded/updated almost all the apps to OS Sierra version, I am now faced with even more of a back-log of work than before.

Under the new workflow system I've created for myself, no longer will to dos be presented as more than 150 days overdue. I am not going to enter a due date. Instead I shall remember what's more important. Which is how it's always been, except that I used to make more than a mental list of tasks.

Talking with a friend about how to cope with overwhelming. he has suggested i could maximise efficiency and minimise time-wasting by stop posting on TLF. I have told him that TLF is an excellent resource for having questions answered. However, I am inclined to agree that my scouring the web for jokes to post is rather a waste of time now that without a rec facility I can't test how many people find them funny before I tell the real world.

Download complete.

Bye for now.

Bnc

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Download interlude

Postby PinkDalek » January 5th, 2017, 4:36 pm

brightncheerful wrote:However, I am inclined to agree that my scouring the web for jokes to post is rather a waste of time now that without a rec facility I can't test how many people find them funny before I tell the real world.

You could always do a Poll on Beerpig's and ask (the Poll facility is not [yet] enabled at the Choking Lemons forum).

NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Postby NomoneyNohoney » January 7th, 2017, 1:16 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
brightncheerful wrote:However, I am inclined to agree that my scouring the web for jokes to post is rather a waste of time now that without a rec facility I can't test how many people find them funny before I tell the real world.

You could always do a Poll on Beerpig's and ask (the Poll facility is not [yet] enabled at the Choking Lemons forum).

Nope, I know exactly what BnC means. Without recs, it's like people clapping with one hand. You have no idea if you've done well, or done badly.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 7th, 2017, 1:33 pm

NomoneyNohoney wrote:
PinkDalek wrote:

Nope, I know exactly what BnC means. Without recs, it's like people clapping with one hand. You have no idea if you've done well, or done badly.

Yup, I know what he meant as well! However, a Poll asking if one found his Jokes amusing or not might be amusing in itself.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » January 7th, 2017, 2:22 pm

PinkDalek wrote:
Yup, I know what he meant as well! However, a Poll asking if one found his Jokes amusing or not might be amusing in itself.

Agreed.

The fairly recent case of Ed Balls being 'encouraged' to stay on Strictly by the Great British Public should be one to keep in mind....

:O)

Itsallaguess

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”