Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

How's Your Day ?

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
poundcoin
Lemon Slice

How's Your Day ?

Postby poundcoin » November 8th, 2016, 5:04 pm

First sign of cold weather and my car battery goes flat in Tescos car park ! No tell tale signs the battery was on the way out , like sluggish starting etc .....working fine one minute , next completely kaput . In 50 years of motoring , never happened like that before .
I've got breakdown cover but in a panic (wife in car , frozen stuff in boot) called my regular local garage . They came out within 20 mins , jump started the car , followed me back to garage via our house to drop off SWMBO. They had ordered a new battery from the factors on the way back .
Battery delivered by factors within 15 mins , fitted straightaway and I was on my way within an hour of breaking down ! OK bit of a blow as it was a £90 unexpected bill but excellent service .
Happened later to mention it to someone who works in Tesco and she said if you break down in a Tesco car park you are covered by the RAC for free , basic cover , just to get you going or a tow to the nearest garage.....all you do is go to the Info Desk and they ring for you . Worth knowing if you don't have cover .

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”