Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0, for Donating to support the site

Mumsnett

A virtual pub for off topic, light hearted pub related banter and discussion. No trainers
WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Mumsnett

Postby WickedLester » May 7th, 2024, 10:37 pm

Last night I popped over to mumsnett, because I didn't have anything to do and I discovered that all men are bastards, only after one thing, predators, they ought to take the kids and leave, he's never done a day's work in his life.

So I thought I'd come back here to sanity where I can get advice on how to make enough money to keep one in the manner to which she's become accustomed whilst occasionally hurling abuse at people that vote for the wrong side.

By the way, how do my abs look?

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Mumsnett

Postby bungeejumper » May 8th, 2024, 9:01 am

Funny, I've always found Mumsnet to be quite a tolerant sort of forum. The general deal seems to be that males are welcome, but would they please behave themselves? And it's really pretty good on family and social relationships, and all that stuff.

I think it might have been Mumsnet that gave rise to the acronym AIBU (Am I Being Unreasonable?), which is a fine sort of starting point for discussing a personal peeve while simultaneously inviting others to dissent. (Which they do.) It might not be a bad thing if there were more of that sort of thing on TLF?

It's to be expected, of course, that there will be a smallish contingent of hard-liners and man-haters, because that sort of thing just goes with the territory in a forum that's predominantly female. In the same way that the TLF forums have a small but loud contingent of rich old males who wish we were still in the good old 1950s when young people were respectful and foreigners knew their places. :evil:

On the whole, though, the man-haters on Mumsnet elicit disapproval from their peers. Or that's how it seems to me. Am I Being Unreasonable? :D

BJ

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » May 8th, 2024, 9:58 am

I wonder how they're dealing with all this LBT++ gender identity stuff.

I've never been to Mumsnet but I hope they wouldn't oppress me just cos I can't have babies. At least they should support me for my 'right' to have babies.

Steve

PS I suppose a first post of 'Got any nudie pics' wouldn't go down too well? 8-)

PPS Serious for a second, I thought the TV comedy 'Motherland' was great. How that one lone, very friendly guy survives among them is amazing.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » May 8th, 2024, 10:15 am

stevensfo wrote:PS I suppose a first post of 'Got any nudie pics' wouldn't go down too well? 8-)

Oh, Mumsnet can do raunchy all right. The female imagination doesn't need so many pictures. :lol:

BJ

WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Postby WickedLester » May 8th, 2024, 10:34 am

bungeejumper wrote:
stevensfo wrote:PS I suppose a first post of 'Got any nudie pics' wouldn't go down too well? 8-)

Oh, Mumsnet can do raunchy all right. The female imagination doesn't need so many pictures. :lol:

BJ

Well, what do you imagine my abs look like. I love a good rabbit.

doolally
Lemon Slice

Postby doolally » May 8th, 2024, 12:38 pm

stevensfo wrote:PPS Serious for a second, I thought the TV comedy 'Motherland' was great. How that one lone, very friendly guy survives among them is amazing.

I don't know if you realise it's not a factual documentary, it's a drama, a work of fiction :lol:
But yes, it was great
doolally

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » May 8th, 2024, 3:12 pm

stevensfo wrote:I wonder how they're dealing with all this LBT++ gender identity stuff.

I've never been to Mumsnet but I hope they wouldn't oppress me just cos I can't have babies. At least they should support me for my 'right' to have babies.

Is that Stan or Loretta?

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » May 8th, 2024, 4:06 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:
stevensfo wrote:I wonder how they're dealing with all this LBT++ gender identity stuff.

Is that Stan or Loretta?

Both.

Please stop oppressing me.

The Comfy chair is no longer feared by the likes of us. But..but please not...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E

Steve

Wondergirly
Lemon Pip

Postby Wondergirly » May 8th, 2024, 5:58 pm

Steve

It is thanks to Mumsnet that the UK is now known as 'Terf Island' (and yes, many of us are proud of that fact). Women all over the world look to us as an example of how to fight back against gender ideology.

For many years Mumsnet was one of the only spaces on the internet where women could safely discuss women's rights and child safeguarding; we were banned from many other social media spaces, like Twitter and Facebook for stating simple truths like 'men cannot be women' and 'nobody is born in the wrong body'.

If you ever want to know more on the issues, this board is the place to start:
https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/womens_rights

Trans demands activists still pop up on the threads to tell us how evil and transphobic we are of course, and mostly women respond with good grace and evidence, though the more tedious ones are told to ODFOD :D

W

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » May 8th, 2024, 6:23 pm

WickedLester wrote:
bungeejumper wrote:Oh, Mumsnet can do raunchy all right. The female imagination doesn't need so many pictures. :lol:

BJ

My Mum was always giving us rabbit, but you don't see much of it about now. Even in the local butchers.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » May 8th, 2024, 6:27 pm

stevensfo wrote:The Comfy chair is no longer feared by the likes of us. But..but please not...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E

Steve

I though of that scetch only yesterdat when someone was explaining how you could by almost anything - including meat and fish - from vending machines. I imagined getting slapped round the face after I'd used my contactless card.

WickedLester
Lemon Slice

Postby WickedLester » May 8th, 2024, 7:30 pm

I read a bit about Foucault. Does anyone know if he ever got banged up for gay paedophilia?

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » May 8th, 2024, 11:24 pm

Arborbridge wrote:My Mum was always giving us rabbit, but you don't see much of it about now. Even in the local butchers.

Still common here in Lincolnshire. Even a few of the city butchers have them, and out in the sticks they’re mandatory.

Gryff

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » May 9th, 2024, 7:40 am

WickedLester wrote:I read a bit about Foucault. Does anyone know if he ever got banged up for gay paedophilia?

Well, well, I never knew he swung that way. :D

BJ

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » May 9th, 2024, 1:35 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
WickedLester wrote:

My Mum was always giving us rabbit, but you don't see much of it about now. Even in the local butchers.

In Italy, we often have rabbit on the menu.

My problem is simply psychological.

The first time I tasted tripe, I thought it was yummy. When I learned what it was, er, no thanks!

Same with rabbit. My younger sisters used to keep rabbits as pets when we were young, so I just can't!

France was on a different level altogether.

Brain served on a plate as if from a Frankenstein movie - the one with Marty Feldman. ;)

Tongue served complete. i.e. not like ham, but with the top layer intact, so it felt like you were feeling your own tongue.

Lasted approx 5 seconds!!! :?

Steve

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » May 10th, 2024, 8:24 am

stevensfo wrote:Tongue served complete. i.e. not like ham, but with the top layer intact, so it felt like you were feeling your own tongue.

Lasted approx 5 seconds!!! :?

Isn't French Kissing supposed to last longer than that?

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » May 10th, 2024, 9:02 am

bungeejumper wrote:
WickedLester wrote:I read a bit about Foucault. Does anyone know if he ever got banged up for gay paedophilia?

Well, well, I never knew he swung that way. :D

BJ

I did hear he would Foucault that moved. :D

Return to “Beerpig's Snug”