DigitalLook forecasts

General discussions about equity high-yield income strategies
Gengulphus
Lemon Slice
Posts: 399
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 1:17 am

DigitalLook forecasts

Postby Gengulphus » December 14th, 2016, 12:12 pm

As far as I can tell, forecasts (and forecast dividends) have completely vanished from the DigitalLook site this morning - they were there in the small hours, and don't seem to be there for any company now... :-(

I believe I read some posts a while back about something similar happening to Morningstar, and at least a casual look around the Morningstar site doesn't reveal any forecasts that I can see...

Does anyone know of any other free source for forecasts that still provides them?

(Posted on this forum because forecast dividends are of interest to any high-yield strategy, not just HYPs.)

Gengulphus

kiloran
2 Lemon pips
Posts: 206
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:24 am

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby kiloran » December 14th, 2016, 12:28 pm

Gengulphus wrote:As far as I can tell, forecasts (and forecast dividends) have completely vanished from the DigitalLook site this morning - they were there in the small hours, and don't seem to be there for any company now... :-(

Gengulphus

Looks OK to me....http://www.digitallook.com/equity/AstraZeneca

and also for other companies I checked.

--kiloran

Breelander
Lemon Slice
Posts: 586
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby Breelander » December 14th, 2016, 1:25 pm

kiloran wrote:
Gengulphus wrote:As far as I can tell, forecasts (and forecast dividends) have completely vanished from the DigitalLook site this morning - they were there in the small hours, and don't seem to be there for any company now... :-(

Gengulphus

Looks OK to me....http://www.digitallook.com/equity/AstraZeneca

and also for other companies I checked.

--kiloran

In my HYPTUSS...
Some missing: CLLN DLAR SBRY RIO GSK AV SSE IMI RSA PSN BA BLND BT-A
Some OK: BARC TSCO RB ECM DGE ULVR UU AMFW HFD LLOY MKS CNA VOD PSON and (surprisingly) RDSB works again.

Gengulphus
Lemon Slice
Posts: 399
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 1:17 am

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby Gengulphus » December 14th, 2016, 1:35 pm

Breelander wrote:In my HYPTUSS...
Some missing: CLLN DLAR SBRY RIO GSK AV SSE IMI RSA PSN BA BLND BT-A
Some OK: BARC TSCO RB ECM DGE ULVR UU AMFW HFD LLOY MKS CNA VOD PSON and (surprisingly) RDSB works again.


Yes, it looks as though I was very unlucky in the companies I tried, which for instance included GlaxoSmithKline and all failed - and kiloran was very lucky in the companies he tried, including AstraZeneca. Thanks for managing to be neither! ;-)

So it's not as bad as I thought, but nearly half the companies you sampled working, it's not good...

Gengulphus

Breelander
Lemon Slice
Posts: 586
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby Breelander » December 14th, 2016, 1:45 pm

Gengulphus wrote:... nearly half the companies you sampled working, it's not good...

The sample is 'all the companies in my HYP' - I have a HYPTUSS set up for my HYP and just ran the 'get yields' function. Not good for my Xmas report either... :(

kiloran
2 Lemon pips
Posts: 206
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:24 am

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby kiloran » December 14th, 2016, 2:30 pm

Gengulphus wrote:
Breelander wrote:In my HYPTUSS...
Some missing: CLLN DLAR SBRY RIO GSK AV SSE IMI RSA PSN BA BLND BT-A
Some OK: BARC TSCO RB ECM DGE ULVR UU AMFW HFD LLOY MKS CNA VOD PSON and (surprisingly) RDSB works again.


Yes, it looks as though I was very unlucky in the companies I tried, which for instance included GlaxoSmithKline and all failed - and kiloran was very lucky in the companies he tried, including AstraZeneca. Thanks for managing to be neither! ;-)

So it's not as bad as I thought, but nearly half the companies you sampled working, it's not good...

Gengulphus

I think you are right about the companies we tried, and does seem like I was lucky and you were not!
I just looked at the forecasts for the FTSE100: http://www.digitallook.com/index/FTSE_100/forecast . About 11 of the companies currently show n/a in the forecast div/yield columns. Those that show n/a on this page also show n/a on the individual company page.
Many of those you highlighted are OK, so I think the problem is gradually being resolved.

--kiloran

Raptor
Lemon Slice
Posts: 274
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby Raptor » December 14th, 2016, 3:03 pm

Last week the same problem. None of my 23 shares had any forecast yield. By Monday all were working. Just run again today and still working now.

Raptor.

kiloran
2 Lemon pips
Posts: 206
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:24 am

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby kiloran » December 14th, 2016, 3:17 pm

kiloran wrote:I just looked at the forecasts for the FTSE100: http://www.digitallook.com/index/FTSE_100/forecast . About 11 of the companies currently show n/a in the forecast div/yield columns. Those that show n/a on this page also show n/a on the individual company page.
--kiloran

I just refreshed that web page and the only FTSE100 company still showing n/a is Carnival

--kiloran

Gengulphus
Lemon Slice
Posts: 399
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 1:17 am

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby Gengulphus » December 14th, 2016, 5:07 pm

I've just tried the companies that failed to produce forecasts for me earlier today again, and this time they worked. So whatever went wrong seems to have been fixed (but it wasn't an error that was only there very transiently - the first thing I try when something I expect to be on a page is missing is reloading the page!).

So panic over! But it was a nuisance it being so beautifully timed for the Halifax cheap dealing offer at lunchtime today... :-(

Gengulphus

Breelander
Lemon Slice
Posts: 586
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby Breelander » December 14th, 2016, 5:51 pm

kiloran wrote: ..the only FTSE100 company still showing n/a is Carnival

My HYPTUSS now gets the yields for all my shares that previously were n/a.

AJC5001
Posts: 28
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 4:55 pm

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby AJC5001 » December 14th, 2016, 11:55 pm

Breelander wrote:My HYPTUSS now gets the yields for all my shares that previously were n/a.


My HYPTUSS now also gets a forecast yield for RDSB, which has been absent for weeks. :)

Adrian

Breelander
Lemon Slice
Posts: 586
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby Breelander » December 15th, 2016, 2:14 am

AJC5001 wrote:
Breelander wrote:My HYPTUSS now gets the yields for all my shares that previously were n/a.


My HYPTUSS now also gets a forecast yield for RDSB, which has been absent for weeks. :)

Adrian


Yes, me too. Strangely RDSB was one of the ones that still worked while half my shares gave 'n/a' - as I mentioned in my earlier post viewtopic.php?p=15174#p15005

MDW1954
Lemon Pip
Posts: 83
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 8:46 pm

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby MDW1954 » December 18th, 2016, 6:59 pm

I believe I read some posts a while back about something similar happening to Morningstar, and at least a casual look around the Morningstar site doesn't reveal any forecasts that I can see...


Gengulphus,

Morningstar does provide dividend forecast data, although not quite in the TMF format. Here's BP for instance:

http://tools.morningstar.co.uk/uk/stock ... encyId=GBP

MDW1954

Breelander
Lemon Slice
Posts: 586
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby Breelander » December 18th, 2016, 7:21 pm

MDW1954 wrote:
I believe I read some posts a while back about something similar happening to Morningstar....


Gengulphus,
Morningstar does provide dividend forecast data...


They do now (and did before) but in July they stopped publishing forecasts when the Market Abuse Regulations (MAR) came into force, saying...

Morningstar (in an email reply) wrote: Due to the MAR regulation Morningstar have been explicitly identified by the regulator as a data vendor that is distributing data that could be construed as advice driven information. Because of this association Morningstar has had to amend its data to comply to the regulators requirements. One of the key components to this regulation is around the display and distribution of broker forecasts.

As per the new regulation individual forecasts are construed as advice and hence we had to remove this data from 1st of July 2016 onwards.
http://boards.fool.co.uk/broker-forecasts-13415824.aspx

MDW1954
Lemon Pip
Posts: 83
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 8:46 pm

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby MDW1954 » December 19th, 2016, 12:28 pm

They do now (and did before) but in July they stopped publishing forecasts when the Market Abuse Regulations (MAR) came into force, saying...

Morningstar (in an email reply) wrote:
Due to the MAR regulation Morningstar have been explicitly identified by the regulator as a data vendor that is distributing data that could be construed as advice driven information. Because of this association Morningstar has had to amend its data to comply to the regulators requirements. One of the key components to this regulation is around the display and distribution of broker forecasts.

As per the new regulation individual forecasts are construed as advice and hence we had to remove this data from 1st of July 2016 onwards.

http://boards.fool.co.uk/broker-forecasts-13415824.aspx

So they have changed their mind? Do we know why? How odd.

MDW1954

Breelander
Lemon Slice
Posts: 586
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Re: DigitalLook forecasts

Postby Breelander » December 19th, 2016, 12:43 pm

MDW1954 wrote: So they have changed their mind? Do we know why? How odd.


We'll probably never know - the FCA is hardly transparent in their workings. Perhaps they gave some private guidance to Morningstar after numerous complaints?

In that case, write to the FCA and complain.
I did!
They said:
The Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) came into effect on 3 July 2016 it's aim is to increase market integrity and investor protection, enhancing the attractiveness of securities markets for capital raising. I wouldn't be able to comment on whether Morningstar's consensus reports fall foul of the MAR regulations.
http://boards.fool.co.uk/in-that-case-w ... 18525.aspx


Return to “High Yield Share Strategies - General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests