Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

FreeAgent -Perhaps a long shot?

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
foundone
Lemon Pip

Re: FreeAgent -Perhaps a long shot?

Postby foundone » November 30th, 2016, 8:16 pm

It is well regarded amongst PSCs and is often used as part of a cheap accountants package where the accountant has low charges because everyone uses a standard input format. My accountants use their own excel spreadsheet template and being a one man business there is no need for me to pay for a package like that.

The only downside that I see is that the government seem determined to stop IT Contractors running as ltd companies and there may be a move away from Ltds to operating under an Umbrella. At the same time there is increasing pressure on banks to allow access to customers data from third party providers such as account aggregators (eg. http://www.moneydashboard.com) which provide fairly rich reporting facilities. In fact there is EU legislation, PSD2, to open up access to the data which is in it's second iteration since the first had little impact.

foundone
Lemon Pip

Re: FreeAgent -Perhaps a long shot?

Postby foundone » December 1st, 2016, 3:54 pm

I was thinking of PSD2 as a negative because software such as moneydashboard is free and produces charts which duplicate some of the reporting aspects. It would enable FreeAgent to link in to bank APIs and get the data automatically though.

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”