Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Agreed offer for Sky plc (SKY)

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
Asagi

Agreed offer for Sky plc (SKY)

Postby Asagi » December 9th, 2016, 4:43 pm

well, that was the most obvious takeover bid of all time.

After a period of negotiation, the Independent Directors of Sky and 21st Century Fox have reached agreement on an offer price of £10.75 per share in cash

http://www.investegate.co.uk/sky-plc--s ... 57224904R/

no doubt this will cause a lot of political grumblings. I am particularly annoyed as I have been looking at it very closely for the last month or so. Congrats to any holders.

Asagi (no position)

gbjbaanb
Lemon Slice

Re: Agreed offer for Sky plc (SKY)

Postby gbjbaanb » December 10th, 2016, 2:50 pm

I was lucky - bought a few a while back because people were talking about the SKY Q box delivering 4k content. But it was just luck.

Anyway, the price today is just over £10, so there's 7% waiting to be claimed, at the risk the takeover fails. i see some people grumbling the offer should have been £14, but I guess they always think that :)

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » December 10th, 2016, 3:46 pm

also discussed here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1457

toofast2live
Lemon Slice

Postby toofast2live » December 11th, 2016, 9:47 am

The price was £11.40 last year and I can't see the big boys rolling over for less than that.

Let battle commence!

YeeWo
Lemon Slice

21c Fox bid for SKY TV

Postby YeeWo » December 13th, 2016, 10:52 am

I'm sure you've all read the same News Reports I have about Mr Murdoch tidying up his holdings, bidding via 21st Century Fox for the 61% of Sky he doesn't already control. I think this may be a decent opportunity for a wee-bit of carpet-bagging!: -

- Sky SP today is £9.82. Mr Murdoch is offering £10.75! If the iNeds do their Job Properly and robustly defend the interests of Independent Shareholders a bid of £13+ is being speculated-on by Fund Managers in order for Mr Murdoch to get his way.
- I read Mrs May was in New York in September and had a meeting with Mr Murdoch. I find it hard to believe this wasn't discussed and that Mr Murdoch and Mrs May didn't agree the political landscape has changed and that Fox will not face the same opposition they did in 2011! :roll:
- The Guardian/BBC et al are starting to raise Phone Hacking/Millie Dowler etc etc again in their predictably anti-Murdoch fashion. Given the Labour Party is going through a period of self-destruct it will be interesting to see if they try and create trouble?

Over to The Floor : Opinions Please! Christmas Cracker or Cold Turkey? :lol:
Moderator Message:
moved to prevent too many threads on the same topic, regards, mods

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”