Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Higher Yielding Shares hyp

Discuss Stock buying Shares, tips and ideas for stock market dealing
jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Higher Yielding Shares hyp

Postby jackdaww » November 13th, 2016, 2:34 pm

I hold the usual big caps eg glaxo, astra, L&G, aviva, vodafone, RDSB , and mid caps chesnara, phoenix, close , galliford,

greeneking , lancashire , paypoint , petrofac , redde , telecomplus .

Smaller caps are of great interest , in particular --

bca market place
connect
conviviality
epwin
gamedigital
hostelworld
kcom
manx
mccolls
moss bros
palace capital
utilitywise
watkin jones
xp power

all views welcome.

TheWildshot

Re: Higher Yielding Shares hyp

Postby TheWildshot » November 17th, 2016, 4:40 pm

In your smaller caps I hold Kcom and am looking to acquire XPP when the takeover of a share I own completes.

I'm also looking at Alternative Networks and although maybe not too high a yield I will be looking at SUS (S&U) which has a fabulous dividend history.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » November 17th, 2016, 6:30 pm

kcom seems to have a nice well covered income stream and some cash, getting a bit pricey now.

i like manx also , a virtual monopoly.

xpp has a good story and record but i'm a bit wary of tech manufacturers after the laird slump , so may take some profits and reduce .

alternative networks results are due early december .

. :)

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » November 17th, 2016, 6:41 pm

TheWildshot wrote:In your smaller caps I hold Kcom and am looking to acquire XPP when the takeover of a share I own completes.

This may not matter to you but XP Power pays its dividends as foreign dividends, which may mean reporting its income separately on your tax return. Better in an ISA in my opinion.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » November 17th, 2016, 6:50 pm

Lootman wrote:
TheWildshot wrote:In your smaller caps I hold Kcom and am looking to acquire XPP when the takeover of a share I own completes.

This may not matter to you but XP Power pays its dividends as foreign dividends, which may mean reporting its income separately on your tax return. Better in an ISA in my opinion.

==================

also worth noting - XPP divis are paid quarterly .

CommissarJones
Lemon Slice

Postby CommissarJones » November 17th, 2016, 11:23 pm

From your large caps, I hold Glaxo, Shell and Vodafone, while Legal & General and one of the midcaps, Paypoint, are almost certain to join the portfolio when I start spending money. From the small caps, I own Connect and took up my rights in full in the 2014 rights issue. I definitely like Moss Bros as a stock and a company, but I already hold Card Factory and am uncertain as to whether a second retail share is warranted. Manx and Kcom seem to merit investigation, but run away from GameDigltal as fast as you can.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » November 18th, 2016, 2:05 pm

CommissarJones wrote:From your large caps, I hold Glaxo, Shell and Vodafone, while Legal & General and one of the midcaps, Paypoint, are almost certain to join the portfolio when I start spending money. From the small caps, I own Connect and took up my rights in full in the 2014 rights issue. I definitely like Moss Bros as a stock and a company, but I already hold Card Factory and am uncertain as to whether a second retail share is warranted. Manx and Kcom seem to merit investigation, but run away from GameDigltal as fast as you can.

===========================================

neil woodford has been adding to paypoint recently , they have just launched their latest terminal which consolidates many functions within the shop.

i am keen on connect, i hope management are doing a good job of reinventing the old smiths news.

manx and kcom look to have reliable dividend streams .

moss bros i like also.

game digital has been awful , another of woodfords selections , why is a mystery.

TheWildshot

Postby TheWildshot » November 21st, 2016, 7:15 am

TheWildshot wrote:I'm also looking at Alternative Networks and although maybe not too high a yield I will be looking at SUS (S&U) which has a fabulous dividend history.

I'm going to have to revise this list now. It has just been announced this morning that Alternative Networks have agreed to being taken over, just before I was able to buy some shares, darn it :cry:

scottnsilky
Lemon Slice

Postby scottnsilky » December 3rd, 2016, 8:45 pm

jackdaww wrote:kcom seems to have a nice well covered income stream and some cash, getting a bit pricey now.

xpp has a good story and record but i'm a bit wary of tech manufacturers after the laird slump , so may take some profits and reduce .

alternative networks results are due early december .

Maybe I'm a bit late to this conversation, but Manx and kcom have interested me for some time. Kcom has fallen quite a lot in the past week, so the yield is up to the level I want! They also go ex-div in three weeks.
I don't understand why they haven't been gobbled up by one of the big boys, maybe they are just too small? Moss Bros. is also in my sights.
atb,
David

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » December 4th, 2016, 12:36 pm

scottnsilky wrote:
jackdaww wrote:kcom seems to have a nice well covered income stream and some cash, getting a bit pricey now.

Maybe I'm a bit late to this conversation, but Manx and kcom have interested me for some time. Kcom has fallen quite a lot in the past week, so the yield is up to the level I want! They also go ex-div in three weeks.
I don't understand why they haven't been gobbled up by one of the big boys, maybe they are just too small? Moss Bros. is also in my sights.
atb,
David

=========================

never to late , thanks.

kcom is in a transitional state , which may account for the SP fall - i am wary at present , may take some gains.

i dont know of any issues with manx so im holding on.

Moss have been around a long time - lets hope it stays that way .

my latest foray is card factory , sound business , historically low SP , shops packed at present .

Greggs are also much cheaoer at 900 than a year ago at £13.

The market seems to be liking mccolls also .

:idea:

Return to “Stocks and Share Dealing Discussions”