Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

FF : Satisfying Sunday matches

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
zico
Lemon Quarter

FF : Satisfying Sunday matches

Postby zico » December 5th, 2016, 12:43 pm

An excellent day of footie yesterday from Sky's 2 live matches (well, enjoyable results at least).

First up, Bournemouth v Liverpool. I had this on fast forward after Liverpool went 2-0 up as it was so one-sided. Liverpool were dominant, Bournemouth were dreadful, lucky to get nil and looked like they wouldn't score in a month of Sundays. Bournemouth were gifted a goal from a silly unnecessary penalty, but still 3-1 down with 15 minutes left, then they scored twice in a couple of minutes and ended-up 4-3 winners in an amazing turnaround. What's the opposite of Woo-hoo? Boo-hoo? Credit to Jurgen for having the class to congratulate Bournemouth players and take the result on the chin. He's getting to be my favourite manager after Ranieri.

Next, Everton v Man U. Another game which was mostly dire, so mostly watched on fast-forward. Everton's game plan appeared to be to hoof the ball into the air for Lukaku to not bother chasing after, and then try to win the ball back. Mad moment from their keeper gave Ibrahimovic a goal. Faced with hopeless opposition, rather than score more goals, Mourinho's masterplan was to defend in depth for the last 15 minutes, and then send Fellaini on with a few minutes left to steady the ship. In a shock to anyone who's never seen Fellaini play football, he promptly did something stupid and gifted Everton an unnecessary penalty, for an excellent undeserved draw. Excellent because it gave us Mourinho's entertaining post-match sulk. Of course he didn't see Rojo's terrible two-footed lunge for which he only got a booking. Rojo was very lucky the Everton player jumped up immediately, rather than rolling around in pretended agony.

Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: FF : Satisfying Sunday matches

Postby Clitheroekid » December 6th, 2016, 12:49 am

zico wrote:An excellent day of footie yesterday from Sky's 2 live matches (well, enjoyable results at least).

Enjoyable for you maybe, not for me :( (though I must admit the one ray of sunlight to pierce my gloom was watching Mourinho's post-match interview).

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”