Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

The Hattrick season 63 thread

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Re: The Hattrick season 63 thread

Postby UncleIan » December 31st, 2016, 6:59 pm

Bit late but...

We needed to win at home to 5th, nothing else would do. Confidence was wretched thanks to the previous weeks thumping. This is my only explanation for only squeaking a 1-0 win. Not ideal, chances were 7-2, htev gave a home win 88%, so I guess I should be pleased it wasn't a draw or losing 1-2 or something. Now I'm equal points with 5th, who drop to 6th, that's why a few more goals would have helped as I'm -5 goal diff behind.

To this week then, and 6th is at home to the league leader, who is still undefeated, and is 6 points above auto-promotion. I would hope for an end of season MOTS from them, in an ideal world, they'll put them to the sword. I need to therefore either get a point, or avoid losing by very much. The biggest fly in the ointment is that two of my IMs picked up a third yellow, so are suspended, great! At the moment I've gone for a 4-4-2 MOTS CA, which is a little odd, but then again, I could do with a few normal chances too. Then again, I might go for a pressing, a point would do. Then again, I'm trying to set orders now, and the website's not playing, so maybe it'll be what it'll be.

My fingers are crossed.

Ian

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » January 2nd, 2017, 1:13 pm

Happy New Year and all that, hope we all have a good one.
We got a 2-0 home win against 4th which cemented us in 5th place and gave us a home draw in the qualifier. Looks like our mid season 4 wins on the trot saved our season.

I would have hoped for an easier qualifier opponent but I guess you have to beat what's in front of you. The qualifier is against a team with a higher TSI and good track record but I think I can work an edge over them. Here's hoping anyway! They've just bought a new GK so I think they are taking it serious....
We are in good shape for a MOTS, form is good and no injuries touch wood.

Ashfordian
Lemon Slice

Postby Ashfordian » January 2nd, 2017, 2:00 pm

Ashfordian wrote:Another PIC next week at home against a bot in preparation for a play-off as I am 3pts and -23 GD behind the auto-promotion line and I cannot see it moving that much next week

My promotion play-off opponent is Castlefield United of IV.60. Hmm, this is going to be tough! I would fancy my chances at home or neutral venue.

It should be record Hatstats for me and hopefully it will be enough to shock the opponent but I think they have some TS to burn after what looks a PIC this week.

My TS is currently WOC and confidence Slightly Exaggerated which is what I hope will be the difference. I think it will hang on the form update. I currently have an out of form 1st defender injured who looks like he will not recover and my best striker out of form.

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » January 2nd, 2017, 5:11 pm

Bugger.

Lost 4-0, and the team in 6th, one place ahead of me, on the same points, but +5 better off on goal diff, they lost 0-6. So the Albumen are auto-relegated to V, on a goal difference of just 3.

All the damage done in the first half of the season, while I was serious about defender training. No points in the first five games, then a draw and a win after that, compared to 10 points in the second half of the season. A classic case of losing the first home game, and struggling to recover after that. There were a couple of games that should have gone my way, but didn't, add it all up, and there it is, down we go.

Shame really, there was a good bunch of managers in there, some actual chat in the forum. Ho hum. At least I can make a plan now.

Ian

Ashfordian
Lemon Slice

Postby Ashfordian » January 2nd, 2017, 5:17 pm

UncleIan wrote:Shame really, there was a good bunch of managers in there, some actual chat in the forum. Ho hum. At least I can make a plan now.

Unlucky. Training a U20 player really hit your team hard.

Will the plan you make be revealed in your season review/next season aims post?

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » January 3rd, 2017, 1:47 pm

Ashfordian wrote:Unlucky. Training a U20 player really hit your team hard.

Well, it was actually all fine and dandy, and not too bad for the team, after the keepers started getting good anyway. It was the "well you've got them at titanic goalie/SP now do some defender training that stuffed things up.

Ashfordian wrote:Will the plan you make be revealed in your season review/next season aims post?

I think the logical thing is to do playmaking training for a season or two, take some half finished trainees and get them up to snuff, then maybe switch to passing and revamp the front line then. In that way I'm only changing the IMs and wingers, and keeping the best defenders and all my strikers. Holding on to some loyalty and experience I suppose. I guess I can train up 4-5-1 and 2-5-3 formations so I can do them and 3-5-2 as the need arises.

I'll probably ditch the excellent coach who is at poor leadership now, so I can hold on to TS better. Not sure whether there's a good or bad time to swap coaches, just before the first cup match I guess.

Expect a goalie, 4 or 5 defenders, 4 IMs and 3 wingers on the transfer list very soon. Hmm, bit of a fire sale! Ummm, I guess I should put them on tomorrow or Thursday to catch the weekend crowd.

Ian

UncleIan
Lemon Slice

Postby UncleIan » January 4th, 2017, 1:05 pm

UncleIan wrote:Expect a goalie, 4 or 5 defenders, 4 IMs and 3 wingers on the transfer list very soon. Hmm, bit of a fire sale!

If any of you have any spare cash for early bids, I wouldn't mind! :)

https://www92.hattrick.org/Club/Players/?TeamID=61469

Thanks,

Ian

Ashfordian
Lemon Slice

Postby Ashfordian » January 9th, 2017, 6:36 pm

Ashfordian wrote:My promotion play-off opponent is Castlefield United of IV.60. Hmm, this is going to be tough! I would fancy my chances at home or neutral venue.

It should be record Hatstats for me and hopefully it will be enough to shock the opponent but I think they have some TS to burn after what looks a PIC this week.

My TS is currently WOC and confidence Slightly Exaggerated which is what I hope will be the difference. I think it will hang on the form update. I currently have an out of form 1st defender injured who looks like he will not recover and my best striker out of form.

After form updates my only option was to try to go toe-to-toe with my opponent as while I could muster a Mythical CA rating I could not get the defence ratings high enough.

Hatstats were 370 v 342, MF was 50/50 on possession but 1 sub-level lower on the match ratings, chances were 7-4 to them and they ran out 3-1 winners. £123k in the pot from match receipts as we sold out their small 40k stadium. Overall a frustating game!

So I need to decide if I switch to another V, as while I should win this V again next season I keep getting a couple of games that I should win but do not. I'm also having a run of games where I win MF but lose chance distribution and struggle in the game usually leading to a draw. It's getting frustrating!

Oh well, onwards to next season where my team will be better then than it is now :)

Darkish

Postby Darkish » January 10th, 2017, 1:05 pm

I played a bot in my play-off, so no problem staying up. One team in my league has turned into a bot and one promoted in with a fairly weak side.

So should get 5th or less another team jumps into my league. So hoping for a nice cup draw and try to make the second round for the first time. Apart from that another season of mainly training scoring.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » January 10th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Our play off was close, the oppo were capable of winning and on another day they probably would have done.
We went down 0-1 and again 1-2 before half time, but we edged midfield 54% in the first half so I assumed we were still in with a chance.
So it came to pass, we got the equaliser and with 5 minutes left got the winner, and came out on top 3-2.
5 chances fell to each team, but we won the hatstats battle 326 to 283.
Next season #5 place will be disappointing, #4 is expected and #3 will be a good result.

Ashfordian
Lemon Slice

Postby Ashfordian » January 13th, 2017, 6:50 pm

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”