Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Major League Baseball Tickets

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
Shenstone

Major League Baseball Tickets

Postby Shenstone » January 5th, 2017, 8:58 pm

Hi,
I am going to the USA this summer (July) and I would like to take my son to a Baseball game.
I did book the holiday through Trailfinders as buying NY Yankees tickets were supposed to be purchasable as part of the package.
Despite numerous attempts to do this they still don't have this on their system and have now said I should book them myself.
This leaves me not knowing the best way or place to buy these.

I have looked at various ticket sites but am not sure if any of them are reliable. One even mentioned sending out the tickets a few days prior to the game which would be no use to me if I'm already in the US.

Has anyone bought MLB tickets and where did you buy them from?

Many Thanks
Shenstone

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Major League Baseball Tickets

Postby Lootman » January 5th, 2017, 9:36 pm

Shenstone wrote:
Has anyone bought MLB tickets and where did you buy them from?

I have, and for all the major pro team sports in the US (MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL).

In each case I bought them on-line from the team's website. Except for the NHL game where I bought at the stadium ticket office on the day.

If you don't have a postal address they can use, ask about holding the tickets as "will call". There's is usually a "will call" ticket office who will then give you the tickets on the day, upon showing them ID.

I've not been to a Yankees game, just the Red Sox and the Giants. But the first place to look is here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/ticketin ... p?c_id=nyy

Some games sell out, of course, and then you need to buy from a third party. But I've always managed to get tickets a few weeks before the game.

There's usually people selling tickets outside the stadium on the day. Some are spivs but others sell at face value, no different from a football game here. I've sold surplus tickets like that myself, for NBA anyway.

Shenstone

Postby Shenstone » January 6th, 2017, 10:00 am

Thank you Lootman.

Arizona11
2 Lemon pips

Postby Arizona11 » February 11th, 2017, 7:41 pm

I bought tickets online from the team's own web site (Arizona Diamondbacks) and paid by credit card. I printed the receipt and a few months later, flew to Phoenix. On match day I walked up to the ticket booth which had a sign showing which part of the alphabet they covered and showed my receipt. I also had to produce a credit card as ID and proof of payment and they handed over the tickets. Took about two minutes. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Return to “Airport Lounge”