Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Taskbar is misbehaving

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Taskbar is misbehaving

Postby NomoneyNohoney » December 20th, 2016, 11:07 pm

A while ago, I was complaining that my Windows Explorer (Win7Pro) kept on needing to be restarted.
It was suggested it might be something to do with icons, but that didn't seem to be the cause.

I've just realised that if I click a desktop icon, all is well, but if I click the icon down on the taskbar,
then that's when it crashes. So, it's somehow taskbar related. Anyone got any ideas?

NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Re: Taskbar is misbehaving

Postby NomoneyNohoney » December 21st, 2016, 8:45 pm

OK, just to close this out, think I resolved it. I found a Microsoft comment, saying that someone else had solved their issue (which was the same) by uninstalling an add on. The log showed that the add-on was Adobe Flash, and when I checked, somehow I'd downloaded a version of Flash which I then uninstalled. Once uninstalled, the problem hasn't (yet) recurred. So, not just a potential security threat, but it probably killed my toolbar/explorer as well.

Hopefully: the end.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”