Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

btinternet.com log in problems

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Jonetc15
Lemon Slice

btinternet.com log in problems

Postby Jonetc15 » January 18th, 2017, 5:32 pm

When I try to log in to my email (with care, several times) at btinternet.com on my p.c. I receive a message: "We don't recognise your details. Please check you've entered your full email address and password correctly and try again." Every care taken, same result.

Fortunately I can log in without a problem using my Ipad. Please can someone very kindly tell me why this happens.

TIA

Jon

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Re: btinternet.com log in problems

Postby tjh290633 » January 18th, 2017, 6:25 pm

The odds are that they want you to change your password, which is a pain. It could be that your iPad is logged in already, so has not got the problem (yet).

The changing password routine is a pain.

TJH

Jonetc15
Lemon Slice

Re: btinternet.com log in problems

Postby Jonetc15 » January 19th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Thanks, tjh290633. In fact my Ipad was shut down and I always also switch of the wireless connection as a precaution.

If btinternet.com - in fact Yahoo! mail that I never positively opted to join - wants me to change my password I wonder if there is scope for a security issue?

Anyway, this incident, the last of several, has goaded me into changing to another email provider - even though switching will also be a pain.

Jon

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”