Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Electricity Meter spinning disc & Meter "creep"

Does what it says on the tin
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Electricity Meter spinning disc & Meter "creep"

Postby bungeejumper » January 5th, 2017, 9:01 am

I have emailed the supply company, including the video of the meter spinning and a slow pan shot showing every switch in off position, so we will see what they come back with.

FWIW, which may not be much, I once had an issue with a Transco gas meter where the readings were patently duff and had been for an indeterminable period, and British Gas were (for once) eminently reasonable about guesstimating a settlement. A couple of hundred pounds, which was a lot in mid-1990s money.

BJ

IsleofWightPete
Lemon Pip

Postby IsleofWightPete » January 5th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Hats off to GreenEnergyUK!
Very prompt & helpful reply this morning:
Thank you for providing a video clip of the consumer unit and the meter.

Due to the age of the meter, this might be an influencing factor contributing to the meter recording consumption. As a result, I am happy to arrange for a replacement meter to be fitted at your property. Once the new meter has been fitted, we can then monitor your consumption going forward to see if there has been any difference.

As of today, I can arrange for an appointment to take place on any date from the 26th January onwards. Can you please specify a suitable date and choice between morning and afternoon for an engineer to visit and conduct the meter exchange?

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Warm regards,

Eessa Mansoor
Metering and Data Management
green energy

Can't fault them on their response, and already looking at comparing pre and post consumption, without needing to have it suggested.
I think I am beginning to like a utility company! Nurse.................!

quelquod
Lemon Quarter

Postby quelquod » January 5th, 2017, 2:14 pm

What a prompt and obliging reply (especially as they're likely quite busy after the holidays!

Return to “Building and DIY”