Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

New boiler

Does what it says on the tin
Diziet

Re: New boiler

Postby Diziet » December 20th, 2016, 12:05 pm

Update as promised:

The Vokera engineer came over, made a repair, left after changing a diaphragm which he said was the problem. The boiler worked for a day and then failed to start again. So he came back, changed a microswitch as well, and all's good. He did some other magic as well, and the thing is as good as new.

Happy days...

Charlottesquare
Lemon Quarter

Re: New boiler

Postby Charlottesquare » May 24th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Leither wrote:
Charlottesquare wrote:Keep meaning to ask you, are you actually these days a Leither? (with sunshine attached) :)

We are (just) being on the Leith side of Newhaven Road ,up near Victoria Park.

Charlotte square (Where I aspire to be rather than where I live)

Huge apologies, just noticed your post, I don't seem to frequent Lemon Fool as much as I did TMF. Anyway, interesting questions and apologies to other readers as I'm straying off-topic, I'll try to be brief.

Am I still a Leither? Of course! But no longer geographically as I live in leafy Surrey these days.

I know Viccy Park and Newhaven Road very well, all my schooling was nearby and my dad used to have a fruit shop on Newhaven Road, near the corner with Hawthorn Vale.

Re Charlotte Square, I completed my CA training at what was Deloitte's office in no. 22.

Small world indeed.

Regards,

Leither.

Like you I am never here, apologies for very late response.

Very small world, Newhaven Road a bit changed at Bonnington with new flats, re schools Trinity still there and Holy Cross Primary, the secondary was made into flats years ago.

I apprenticed with Hodgson Impey in Glasgow (could not land a training contract in Edinburgh) though never completed, but since then have been back in Edinburgh and down in Leith twenty years this November.

I suspect you pre date me re CA training, I was 85-87 but don't recall Deloittes in CS, in fact hardly anyone is there , Shepherd & wedderburn moved out and most of the professional offices moved up to Exhange district (Fountainbridge), Saltire Court (Castle Terrace) or Quartermile (old Royal Infirmary)

Return to “Building and DIY”