Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Scottish Socials

Covering meetups anywhere in the UK
KingMcKong

Scottish Socials

Postby KingMcKong » November 10th, 2016, 11:54 pm

My thanks firstly to the Chief Lemons for setting up this Board, and for making it universal, which makes planning and notification of new Socials a lot easier.

As many former Fools know, I have taken it upon myself to organise the Socials in Edinburgh (which isn't of course the whole of Scotland, but the place where we've consistently attracted a decent turnout, including even Fools from Glasgow!), and I'm happy to continue to do so (It all started 15 years ago, so why change the habits of a lifetime!!).

Before leaving TMF I posted a message asking those interested in future socials up here to send me contact information - not anticipating the extraordinary effort and success of TLF in such a short time.

I shall therefore mail those who responded, asking them to head here to watch for future Edinburgh Socials.

May I take this opportunity to stress that Socials in Scotland are open to all Lemon Fools, and historically we were joined by many of our English and Welsh colleagues, and I hope this will continue. You will certainly always be more than welcome, and as they are always on a Friday evening, it's a great excuse to spend a weekend in Scotland's fine capital city.

Beerpig has been threatening to come to one for ages. Next time BP - OK?!?

This year has been devoid of any Scottish gatherings and that needs to change.

I suggest as a first effort we try for December 9 or 16.

I there's an OK response we can proceed, otherwise I'll come back in the New Year.

Thanks once again to TLF for setting up the Board. Over a decade and a half I have personally found meeting other Fools hugely beneficial. I have made new friends, been able to judge who to trust and who to be more careful about, and have gained both financially and personally in numerous ways. Extremely strongly recommended!!

Looking forward to seeing both old and new Foolish friends soon

KMcK

micos

Re: Scottish Socials

Postby micos » November 14th, 2016, 7:05 am

December 9 looks possible for me. Which location in Edinburgh?

Prof103

Postby Prof103 » November 14th, 2016, 9:37 pm

Greetings KMcK,

So glad that are still at the helm of Scottish Socials courtesy of the Chief Lemons.

Unfortunately, I can make neither 9th nor 16th December. From 19th January onwards okay but may be beyond your intended range.

Best,

Prof103

Thelagerkhan

Postby Thelagerkhan » November 15th, 2016, 12:02 pm

Hi K McK
The 9th or 16th would work for me, I am booked to stay in Leith on 9th and 10th as we are going to The Kitchen on the 10th and in Kinross on the 17th.
Thanks again for organising, look forward to seeing you soon.
Tlk

shinygoldcar

Postby shinygoldcar » November 18th, 2016, 5:30 pm

Hello KMcK,
I can't do the 9th, but the 16th is a possibility at the moment.

sgc

itsaboutime

Postby itsaboutime » November 29th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Hi,

Not free this year but I would be up for joining one in the New Year. I'm Glasgow based

Thanks
itsaboutime

buffer

Postby buffer » December 9th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Hi KMcK
Can probably make 16th too. (9th no good for me)
Thanks!

Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Postby Clariman » December 16th, 2016, 6:50 pm

So are you lot meeting tonight?

KingMcKong

Postby KingMcKong » December 18th, 2016, 11:44 pm

Hi, Clariman (and anyone else watching!)

No. The last few weeks have been hectic, and plans for a Scottish Social are on hold until nest year.

Please watch this space, and I'll endeavour to swing into action once thee mayhem of Christmas and hogmanay are out of memory!

Very best seasonal wishes to all

KMcK

Halicarnassus
Lemon Slice

Postby Halicarnassus » April 8th, 2017, 12:48 am

KingMcKong wrote:Hi, Clariman (and anyone else watching!)

No. The last few weeks have been hectic, and plans for a Scottish Social are on hold until nest year.

Please watch this space, and I'll endeavour to swing into action once thee mayhem of Christmas and hogmanay are out of memory!

Very best seasonal wishes to all

KMcK

Hi KMcK
Do you have any plans to do a social later in the year? This expat in the antipodes will be winging himself back to Glasgow for the Christmas season.

Return to “Lemon Socials”