Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Agriculture

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Daytona

Agriculture

Postby Daytona » November 30th, 2016, 5:27 pm

I've been reviewing my pension holding and I'm not happy with the performance of Eclectica Agriculture. Currency converted, it's underperformed the Equity Agriculture sector, and, more drastically the S&P Global Agribusiness Index. I really should have learnt with these larger than life characters, but it seems as if Hugh Hendry can talk a good talk whilst underperforming evey relevent benchmark.

Does anyone know of a S&P Global Agribusiness Index tracker - open/ETF or otherwise ?

dlp6666

Re: Agriculture

Postby dlp6666 » December 1st, 2016, 11:42 am

Another good one (though it dropped off quite a bit just recently) might be Allianz Global Agrictultural Trends (one of Trustnet Direct's Top100).

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 1st, 2016, 3:32 pm

FredBloggs wrote:No, but for a while I held the Sarasin Agrisar fund. I don't know how it has performed recently, I sold it once it had made about 15% IIRC. Might be worth a look?

Should've stuck with it. I did, more because I never got around to selling than for any positive reason.

Five year record is +60%, of which more than half in the last twelve months. Eclectica seems to have returned half as much over the five years, also with a recent upturn. Allianz has underperformed both of them.

EricLightbulb

Postby EricLightbulb » January 18th, 2017, 1:48 pm

This is a theme I looked at about 3 years ago and considered Eclectica and Sarasin. In the end, I didn't buy.

I got distracted into researching into potash companies. I learned a lot, but have forgotten it all now!

All I ended up with was a small holding of Sirius(LSE:SSX)

I have looked at agriculture much since, but I suppose the demographics will be as compelling as ever.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”