Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Aberdeen UK Tracker Trust and BIST to merge

Closed-end funds and OEICs
MDW1954
Lemon Quarter

Aberdeen UK Tracker Trust and BIST to merge

Postby MDW1954 » December 1st, 2016, 12:37 pm

I see that Aberdeen's UK Tracker Trust is to merge with BlackRock Income Strategies Trust (the old British Assets Trust) after BIST's fairly disastrous experience with BlackRock, and the decision to seek a fresh manager.

Not good news for AUKT's shareholders (I am one), I would have thought.

MDW1954

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Aberdeen UK Tracker Trust and BIST to merge

Postby UncleEbenezer » December 1st, 2016, 3:11 pm

One might naïvely suppose it was good news for Aberdeen shares, to be taking on someone else's assets. Yet ADN is down again today. What gives?

Rooky102

Postby Rooky102 » December 2nd, 2016, 10:09 am

Looks like very bad practice here.

The Aberdeen UK Tracker Trust (AUKT) board should act in the interest of the AUKT shareholders, not Aberdeen Asset managers.
The new vehicle has little relation to the AUKT, but only 40% is being allowed to be extracted in cash and that at a discount to NAV.

Instead they should do the honest thing – wind up AUKT, distribute ALL the cash to shareholders, and then if they wish try to attract the released cash into Aberdeen’s new offering.
After all, as a straight all share tracker, the assets are easily realisable.

PresumingEd

Postby PresumingEd » December 2nd, 2016, 1:46 pm

Another poor move by the lamentable board of BIST. A solid equity-based (or equity/bond mix) fund would be preferable to yet another experimental portfolio. Considering that this was marketed as a low-risk, capital preservation trust for income-seeking retirees, it has been nothing short of a disaster, failing to preserve either capital or income, and I see there will be no substantial discount-control mechanism going forward either. As for AUKT, why would a holder of a tracker want to participate in this new venture? They would have been better winding both up.

DollarKing

Postby DollarKing » December 31st, 2016, 8:10 pm

Some clarification from the Chairman of Aberdeen UK Tracker Trust, Kevin Ingram.

'The Board believes that the revised investment objective and policy of ADIGT, following FCA and required Company and BIST Shareholder approvals, should be attractive for Shareholders as a whole. The focus of ADIGT will be on delivering greater capital stability over the medium term than a long-only equity strategy (like that of AUKT) and with volatility significantly less than that of equities, Ah stuff it, whom I'm trying to kid.....we're putting the management fee up from 0.29% to 0.5%, deal with it.'

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”