Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

Chatgpt's suggested portfolio

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Fluke
Lemon Slice

Chatgpt's suggested portfolio

Postby Fluke » September 30th, 2023, 11:49 am

I asked the following question of chatgpt

Can you give me a list of 10 investment trusts, ETF's or other funds that are traded on the London stock exchange where the emphasis is on growth. The overall portfolio should be moderate risk, reasonably low cost and well diversified across sectors and regions.

This is the answer I was given, I'd be interested to know if there is much overlap in what people agree or disagree with. I haven't done any checking yet to see if it satisfies the costs/growth criteria.

Equity Funds (Global and Regional):

Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (VWRL): This ETF provides broad exposure to global equities, offering diversification across developed and emerging markets.

iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF (SWDA): SWDA tracks the MSCI World Index, focusing on developed market stocks globally.

Baillie Gifford American Fund (BGFD): This investment trust focuses on growth-oriented U.S. equities, seeking long-term capital growth.

Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust (SMT): SMT invests globally in high-growth stocks and is known for its long-term growth potential.

Sector and Thematic Funds:

iShares Electric Vehicles and Driving Technology UCITS ETF (ECAR): ECAR provides exposure to companies involved in electric vehicles and driving technology, capitalizing on a growing sector.

iShares Digitalisation UCITS ETF (DGTL): DGTL tracks companies involved in digitalization trends, including cloud computing, e-commerce, and digital payments.

Emerging Markets Exposure:

iShares MSCI Emerging Markets UCITS ETF (EIMI): EIMI offers access to emerging market equities, capturing growth potential in these regions.

Fixed Income Diversification:

iShares Core Global Aggregate Bond UCITS ETF (AGGG): AGGG provides exposure to a diversified portfolio of global bonds, helping to balance risk in your portfolio.

Alternative Assets:

iShares Physical Gold ETC (SGLN): Including an allocation to physical gold, like SGLN, can provide a hedge against economic uncertainty.

Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT):

iShares Global Property Securities Equity Index Fund (WSPF): WSPF offers exposure to global real estate investment trusts (REITs) to diversify your portfolio further.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: Chatgpt's suggested portfolio

Postby mc2fool » September 30th, 2023, 12:27 pm

Fluke wrote:I asked the following question of chatgpt
Can you give me a list of 10 investment trusts, ETF's or other funds that are traded on the London stock exchange where the emphasis is on growth. The overall portfolio should be moderate risk, reasonably low cost and well diversified across sectors and regions.

Well I just asked it exactly the same question (copy'n'pasted it) and got a different list. It didn't bunch them into asset classes though, so I presume it was you that did that(?).

Here's what it gave me. Only VWRL & SMT are also in your list and note how it's got the ticker of the iShares MSCI ACWI UCITS ETF wrong (should be SSAC). Also, most are funds (OEICs/UTs) and so aren't strictly "traded on the London stock exchange" as per the request, although that may be a matter of interpretation.

Vanguard FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (VWRL): This ETF offers broad global exposure to both developed and emerging markets, making it well-diversified across regions and sectors. Vanguard is known for its low-cost index funds.

iShares MSCI ACWI UCITS ETF (SWDA): Another ETF providing global equity exposure, tracking the MSCI All Country World Index. It offers diversification across regions and sectors.

Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust (SMT): This investment trust is one of the UK's largest and aims to provide long-term growth by investing in a diversified portfolio of global equities. It has a focus on technology and innovation.

Baillie Gifford Global Discovery Fund: This actively managed fund seeks long-term capital growth by investing in global companies with significant growth potential. It focuses on innovative and disruptive businesses.

Fidelity Global Technology Fund: As the name suggests, this fund concentrates on the technology sector, investing in companies worldwide that are expected to benefit from technological advancements.

Legal & General International Index Trust: This passive fund tracks the FTSE World (ex UK) Index, providing exposure to global equities, excluding the UK. It aims to deliver market returns at a low cost.

Lindsell Train Global Equity Fund: This actively managed fund seeks to achieve long-term capital growth by investing in a concentrated portfolio of global equities, emphasizing quality companies with enduring competitive advantages.

BlackRock World Mining Trust (BRWM): If you are interested in the commodities sector, particularly mining, this investment trust focuses on global mining companies. It provides exposure to the materials sector.

HSBC FTSE 250 Index Fund: While it focuses on mid-cap UK stocks represented by the FTSE 250 Index, this fund offers diversification within the UK market, which can be an essential component of a well-rounded portfolio.

SPDR S&P 500 UCITS ETF (SPY5): This ETF tracks the S&P 500 Index, offering exposure to the largest companies in the United States, a key region for global growth. It can be a core holding for diversification.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”