Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

FT Portfolio Problem

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
doug2500
Lemon Slice

FT Portfolio Problem

Postby doug2500 » January 16th, 2017, 11:55 am

Hi,

I use the FT portfolio service to have a quick squint at what's happening with my holdings. I'm not a paying subscriber.

For the last few days when I try to access the portfolio on my PC it takes me to a subscription page. When I login first and then try to access the portfolio it takes me to the subscription page.

I can still get access using my laptop so what's going on? Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Doug

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Re: FT Portfolio Problem

Postby Breelander » January 16th, 2017, 1:34 pm

doug2500 wrote:I can still get access using my laptop so what's going on?

Try another browser on the PC, or try a 'private browsing' session (so that no existing cache or cookies get used) - on all browsers bar Chrome use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P to start one.

If either of those work it suggests your cookies have got messed up. Clear your cache and delete any FT cookies.

doug2500
Lemon Slice

Postby doug2500 » January 16th, 2017, 5:21 pm

Thanks Bree, you must be more or less correct because when I tried a private browser it again took me to a subscription page, but this one had a login option at the top which worked.

When I opened it in my normal browser it was back to the subscription page but without the login option.

Any ideas about how I could delete ft cookies without deleting all cookies? In IE I found tools, delete all cookies but nothing to pick and choose.

Thanks,

Doug

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » January 16th, 2017, 5:38 pm

doug2500 wrote:Any ideas about how I could delete ft cookies without deleting all cookies? In IE I found tools, delete all cookies but nothing to pick and choose.

Try clearing just the cache first, you may not need to delete cookies.

If you have to delete IE's cookies then no, Microsoft don't make it easy to pick and choose (unlike some other browsers). You have to go from that IE options page into 'Settings..' and from there to 'View Files...' then try and spot the ones you need to delete. See this from How-To Geek for more details. http://www.howtogeek.com/111925/delete- ... n-windows/

Nocton
Lemon Slice

Postby Nocton » January 17th, 2017, 8:41 am

I use the FT portfolio to automatically download/link to a spreadsheet. Every so often I find that when I go into the spreadsheet the download is garbled. Although one can go to the web site and play around, mostly I find that if one waits an hour or two all is sorted and returned to normal. This happened recently and as the OP said, when I checked the web page directly I was asked to subscribe. I eventually worked round it, but I think the problem really sorted itself out just by waiting a few hours.

doug2500
Lemon Slice

Postby doug2500 » January 17th, 2017, 8:59 am

Well it's just the same this morning.

I managed to delete the appropriate cookie thanks to Bree but it's not helped. I still don't get the option to sign in like I do in a private browser.

Private browser still working fine today.

Doug

RichardSilvey

Postby RichardSilvey » January 19th, 2017, 9:18 am

I have had the same problem. It started last week. Attempts to enter my portfolio led me to the subscription page. I contacted the FT on there message service and had a quick reply from a Christine C Calapine who promised to investigate but specifically did not promise to be able to restore my data. No contact this week and no reply to my last message asking what had gone wrong and was it likely to happen again. I rely on the service to help with my investing so am now not sure whether to re-input data or try another service. What do you think?

Nocton
Lemon Slice

Postby Nocton » January 20th, 2017, 4:58 pm

Seems to be still working OK with the download into my Excel spreadsheet after I sorted it out - see earlier post

wydffa

Postby wydffa » January 26th, 2017, 1:35 pm

I use the chrome browser and have the same problem in not getting further than the subscription options. However the portfolio is still accessible using internet explorer

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”