Fort Knox empty?

1nv35t
Lemon Slice

Fort Knox empty?

Postby 1nv35t » November 25th, 2016, 7:00 pm

Germany a few years back asked for the return of their gold from America, the American's refused, and even refused a simple audit.

Some in China have found Tungsten encased in Gold bars that apparently trace back to the US (Clinton years). With the expansion of paper gold, some suggest that there is insufficient physical gold in the world to cover all of the paper gold, such as supposedly owned by ETF's. Apparently gold was lent out and is still on the Fed books, but where that lent out gold has been sold on, such that its being double counted.

When we came off the gold standard money (US$) became backed by nothing but a prayer (trust). If that trust is called into question then the value of paper money could crash (US$) and actual physical ownership of assets such as physical gold become a critical financial survival factor.

With the US "Special Measures" coming towards the end of the allotted period (first quarter 2017), perhaps the US should open up and demonstrate audits of Fort Knox gold content. The last audit back in 1953 is well overdue. The apparent lack of such audits is perhaps indicative that something is amiss, which implies that the only form of gold you should hold is actual physical gold in your own keeping. Take care however to ensure that its not just a gold coated tungsten bar.

Given the recent US elections, its almost though as no one really wanted to 'win'. Trump insulted widely perhaps in anticipation of swinging the black, Hispanic, women ..etc away from voting for him, without success. Maybe he's drawn the short straw. Combined with European elections in 2017, looks like 2017 could prove to be a 'interesting' year.

GN100

Re: Fort Knox empty?

Postby GN100 » November 25th, 2016, 10:54 pm

In this context the Jim Rikards books make interesting (although not easy) reading:-

The New Case for Gold

The Death Of Money

Currency Wars

GN

ap8889
2 Lemon pips

Postby ap8889 » November 26th, 2016, 8:40 am

Given the longstanding refusal to perform what would be a fairly cheap and straightforward stocktaking audit with random sampling, the logical conclusion is that there must be something to hide. Thus I highly doubt purported Fort Knox gold levels. I suspect much tungsten shenanigans. Given I can go online and buy tungsten cored bullion readily over the internet, its not credible to maintain that tampering is impossible.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

The above George Bernard Shaw quote is true, time after time.

Hampshirelad

Postby Hampshirelad » November 26th, 2016, 11:57 am

GN100 wrote:In this context the Jim Rikards books make interesting (although not easy) reading:-

The New Case for Gold

The Death Of Money

Currency Wars

GN

And his latest book "The Road to Ruin"....he seems to release 1 or 2 a year pretty much saying the same thing "we are all doomed"

Whilst I kinda follow the logic and it makes sense....I'm not convinced it couldn't keep getting kicked down the road for another 20 years.

Follow the advice of these talking heads over last 6 years and you are likely to now be well out of pocket.

dspp
Lemon Slice

Postby dspp » December 5th, 2016, 3:16 pm

1nv35t wrote:Germany a few years back asked for the return of their gold from America, the American's refused, and even refused a simple audit.

That quote interested me so I thought I'd check this. According to http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-2 ... -and-paris by end 2015 about 189 tonnes has been moved from New York to Frankfurt leaving 111 tonnes still to repatriate. Similar movements from Paris to Frankfurt. There is a wiki on the subject of gold repatriation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_repatriation. All seems to be above board, or am I missing something ?

regards, dspp

PeterGray

Postby PeterGray » December 7th, 2016, 1:42 pm

All seems to be above board, or am I missing something ?

Yes, we are living in the era of post-truth.

What matters is no longer what the facts are - it's what people say on social media

Return to “Mining & Metals”