Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

Mobile phones in cars

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Mobile phones in cars

Postby NomoneyNohoney » December 8th, 2016, 11:46 pm

I've used a few different hands free systems in the car with my mobile phone. Simplest was having the phone in a holder and if a call came in, have the phone on speaker and just shout at the phone. That was a bit primitive I felt.
The next system was simply wearing earplugs, so if a call came in, the microphone built into the switch carried my voice. That was a better system, but the trailing wire was a worry.
After that came a bluetooth earpiece. Hard to get secured into place on my ear, and it felt like I was turning into an android, and people were looking at me. Ergonomically safer, but just not aesthetic.

Finally I discovered these kind of things.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Bluetooth ... Swal5YMv-n

Don't be deterred by things like the advert saying, "High qulity... hand's free," it's just an example of what I'm describing.
Cost under a tenner, clips to the sun visor, and works with my smartphone (iphone) when it's in my pocket with bluetooth on. Once paired, it remembers its setting so in future, it pairs without needing the code re-entering. Push one button to receive and end a call, one push on the same button turns on the voice dialling, and allows calling a number by just saying "Call Fred Flintstone," or whoever it might be. Claimed to have standby life of a month and a half, and 16 hours talk-time.

I hadn't realised these things existed, so I'm telling the story in case anyone else has similar needs. That's assuming that not everyone has got built in Bluetooth etc. on their cars already...

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”