Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to lansdown,Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08, for Donating to support the site

Caravan club - name and logo change

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Caravan club - name and logo change

Postby jackdaww » February 23rd, 2017, 1:11 pm

this week the club , without warning , changed its name and logo.

the club together section on the website ( for member feedback) has gone fairly viral (thinks - is it april 1st?) .

see

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-toge ... tter/?p=96

:shock: :shock: :shock:

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Caravan club - name and logo change

Postby bungeejumper » February 23rd, 2017, 4:30 pm

Fantastic, 1,023 complaining emails (so far) in the space of two days, and all of them about the bloody logo and the alleged million pound cost of redesigning it. Forget Trump, and forget Brexit, this is the hottest news in caravan circles since Premier Foods changed the recipe for battenburg cake. :twisted:

'Fraid it confirms everything I've suspected about caravanners - people who've got more time to fill than ideas with which to fill it. And how come they're always in front of me at the supermarket queue when I'm in a hurry? Buying teacakes and powdered milk and tinned curry and The People's Friend in case they should get bored. As if convoy-blocking the A303 on a Friday afternoon wasn't bad enough. Grrrr. Clarkson had the right idea. :lol:

BJ

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » February 23rd, 2017, 5:52 pm

Heh heh heh

The logo looks like boobies.

heh heh heh.

Bevis.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » February 23rd, 2017, 6:59 pm

having provoked derision and amusement -- i'll get my coat .....

:(

are there no campers on here??

:?: :?:

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » February 23rd, 2017, 8:49 pm

jackdaww wrote:having provoked derision and amusement -- i'll get my coat .....

:(

are there no campers on here??

I was a camper or more precisely a motorhomer. Having spent my working life living out of a suitcase, when I came to retire at the age of 50 I decided to buy a motorhome. The thought of holidaying in a hotel appalled me and I do not regret my decision. The motorhome enabled me to travel throughout Europe staying in remote areas in particular beaches with nobody around and to discover towns and cities I would not have thought of visiting had it not been for the motorhome. Holidays for up to 6 months away from the UK were the norm.And yes I belonged to the Caravan Club. I can well understand the name change as many of the new members in particular are motorhomers as opposed to caravanners for which the club was originally formed. The - dare I say - deriding comments about those of us who prefer to "camp" are no doubt amusing to some but I can honestly say not one of the emails of complaint were from me.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » February 24th, 2017, 8:27 am

jackdaww wrote: :( are there no campers on here??

Whoa, not so fast. The wife and I are avid campers - south of France, nearly every summer, proper hill-walking. (Britain less frequently, but it does happen.) But we don't take three quarters of a tonne of ugly white plastic around with us, nor a fridge, nor a toilet, nor a fortnight's food and drink. :) Apart from the tent, our preferred luxury-essential is an airbed and a huge duvet, compressed down to backpacking size. (Oh, and some proper-quality barbecue charcoal - just about the only thing you can't seem to buy in southern Europe.) Everything else, including the trout from the river, is locally sourced. 8-) Now that's camping.

BJ

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » February 27th, 2017, 1:58 pm

I think there is a large portion of complainers fall into the physiological category of people that don't like change. It happens in any environment, but I suspect caravanners may collect a larger proportion of them.
It wouldn't have cost much, and frankly its irrelevant, beside having to buy a new sticker for your car if you wanted to.

- occassional camper, parents were motorhome and caravanners and Ive taken a keen eye on an opus trailer tent recently...

jdlemon

Postby jdlemon » February 27th, 2017, 3:11 pm

A fresh redesign of the logo etc every century or so doesn't sound like an unreasonable cost to me...

AJC5001
Lemon Slice

Postby AJC5001 » February 27th, 2017, 8:51 pm

stooz wrote:...beside having to buy a new sticker for your car if you wanted to.

No need - members get two window stickers free in the post. :D

Adrian

TopOnePercent
Lemon Slice

Postby TopOnePercent » February 27th, 2017, 11:08 pm

AJC5001 wrote:
stooz wrote:...beside having to buy a new sticker for your car if you wanted to.

No need - members get two window stickers free in the post. :D

Adrian

I don't suppose they've considered sending one for members dashboards reminding them to pull over when the queue of traffic waiting to pass has built up beyond their ability to see? :cry:

jdlemon

Postby jdlemon » February 28th, 2017, 12:42 pm

We motorhomers, who now account for >50% of the membership apparently, don't need that kind of reminder...

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”