Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

Top Gear Two (aka The Grand Tour)

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Top Gear Two (aka The Grand Tour)

Postby Clitheroekid » November 13th, 2016, 9:35 pm

... starts on Friday. From what I've heard it sounds as though it could be very good, and as a fan of the original TG (and having been very disappointed by the BBC rehash) I've decided to sign up for the month's free trial of Amazon Prime, which will bag me 4 free episodes. That should be enough to make my mind up.

If it's as good as I hope it will be I'll carry on and contradict all my principles by entering the world of subscription TV.

Roll on Friday!

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Top Gear Two (aka The Grand Tour)

Postby Lootman » November 13th, 2016, 10:00 pm

Clitheroekid wrote:... starts on Friday. From what I've heard it sounds as though it could be very good, and as a fan of the original TG (and having been very disappointed by the BBC rehash) I've decided to sign up for the month's free trial of Amazon Prime, which will bag me 4 free episodes. That should be enough to make my mind up.

If it's as good as I hope it will be I'll carry on and contradict all my principles by entering the world of subscription TV.

Roll on Friday!

While you have Amazon Prime, you might check out Mad Dogs, The Man in the High Castle and Good Girls Revolt.

Alaric
Lemon Half

Postby Alaric » November 13th, 2016, 11:18 pm

Clitheroekid wrote: I've decided to sign up for the month's free trial of Amazon Prime, which will bag me 4 free episodes.

How do you actually receive it? Is it necessary to stream it on your PC, which would involve wiring the PC into the TV if you wanted to view on a larger screen. I should know how to do this, as it was a method I used in the earliest days of iplayer.

My other options would be Freeview, Freesat and Now TV. The Sony TV used to have iplayer but that failed when the BBC and Sony between them decided not to release a software upgrade when something in the iplayer was modified.

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » November 13th, 2016, 11:39 pm

If your TV had iPlayer then it might have prime as an app as well. Otherwise use your PC or get a TV stick or box that supports, they are £25 to £35.

DM

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Grand Tour

Postby redsturgeon » November 15th, 2016, 7:56 am

Just listen to R$ where the ex producer of Top Gear is talking about Grand Tour.

Says it is a total nightmare moving the big tent around every week and "having to build a new studio" each week.

Isn't this what rock bands have been doing for ages when they go on tour?

John

CatcheeMonkee
Lemon Pip

Postby CatcheeMonkee » November 15th, 2016, 9:05 am

Amazon Prime now £59 for a year, rather than £79, until 18th November.

stooz
Site Admin

Postby stooz » November 15th, 2016, 8:36 pm

In keeping with finance discussion....
You can get an nus extra card as an online student of eCareers and get amazon student prime. Same thing but less money even after paying for the nus card. And money off lots of other stuff...

Charlottesquare
Lemon Quarter

Postby Charlottesquare » November 16th, 2016, 11:30 am

Lootman wrote:
Clitheroekid wrote:... starts on Friday. From what I've heard it sounds as though it could be very good, and as a fan of the original TG (and having been very disappointed by the BBC rehash) I've decided to sign up for the month's free trial of Amazon Prime, which will bag me 4 free episodes. That should be enough to make my mind up.

Roll on Friday!

While you have Amazon Prime, you might check out Mad Dogs, The Man in the High Castle and Good Girls Revolt.

I would also suggest Manhattan (albeit only 2 series until cancelled) and Vikings

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”