Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

New life

wildlife, gardening, environment, Rural living, Pets and Vets
oldapple
2 Lemon pips

New life

Postby oldapple » November 10th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Many thanks to Clariman and Stooz for providing us with this board. And thanks to the old TMF for having me/us for many happy years. I hope all the old Fools (no Fool like an old Fool!) will come over and that we’ll see many new Lemon Fools too.

Last Thursday, 4th November, was a ‘big day’ in a little way at our place. For about three years, we’d had an old, primrose yellow cast iron bath lying abandoned outside after a bathroom makeover. I didn't want to get rid of it but I didn't know what to do with it. And I'd already got told off for changing my mind as to where to put it, so its last move was to our little orchard gathering rainwater till we could think of something permanent. OH has been building a low stone wall to the lower edge of the orchard and it seemed the most sensible thing to do (blame wonderful Pinterest ideas) was to turn the bath into a mini pond built in behind the wall. We lined it, filled it up with rainwater (again), built up two shelf levels and ordered a pond wildlife starter pack to encourage dragonflies and frogs etc.

The wildlife pack (very good plants ready potted) came on the 3rd and we got it set up on the 4th - the same day Lemon Fool got up and running, looking great and so full of promise. Inspiration dawned on me (as it occasionally does), so our pond is now our Lemon Pool ;)

I still see no sign of some of my favourite posters on the new Lemon Fool. Do please come over. It’s a wonderful world!

Return to “The Natural World”