Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Star wars.Rogue One

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Star wars.Rogue One

Postby redsturgeon » December 24th, 2016, 9:09 am

Went to see this last light at my local Everyman Cinema...sofas, beer and wine, waiter service!

I really enjoyed it, no spoilers but for those who don't know, it takes place just before the original Star Wars episode 4. A ripping yarn as we used to say and a film to be enjoyed by the whole family...who were indeed all there stretched on on two three seater sofas, ages from 15 to 60. Great improbable action scenes with "the force"doing its work to even up the odds.

Recommended not just for those who love the Star Wars franchise.

John

seekingbalance
2 Lemon pips

Re: Star wars.Rogue One

Postby seekingbalance » December 24th, 2016, 9:18 am

Yes, very good. Probably the best in the whole saga, having the advantage of current technology, the universe and the story line, but without the nonsense of the prequels or the over use of aliens for aliens sake in the originals.

Essentially a good space chase and battle film, with sufficient links to the story arc to tie it in nicely.

gryffron
Lemon Quarter

Postby gryffron » December 24th, 2016, 2:02 pm

Yes, I enjoyed it too. A bit more "grown up" than the previous Star Wars films. More action, fewer cutesy aliens and robots. In fact, less "Disney" than episodes 1-3. Saw it in awesome iMax. Well worth the premium.

gryff

hermit100
Lemon Pip

Postby hermit100 » December 29th, 2016, 11:25 pm

I saw it this-afternoon in 2D (3D gives me a headache) at my local independent cinema, cost a princely fiver.

I enjoyed it immensely, so much better than the infuriating prequels. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it's better than the original, in its day that was something to behold and very exciting and it's not really a fair comparison 40 years down the line, but Rogue One was a very good film, yes a bit too long but managed to keep my interest and furthermore kept me awake which does not happen often at the cinema nowadays.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”