Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Manchester by the Sea

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Fatrav
Lemon Pip

Manchester by the Sea

Postby Fatrav » January 14th, 2017, 9:28 am

Absolute dross. It got 5 stars in the Times. Two and a quarter hours of misery and time I'll never get back. To be avoided at all costs.

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Manchester by the Sea

Postby Itsallaguess » January 14th, 2017, 10:21 am

I'm looking forward to it immensely, so I'll let you know what I thought once I've been!

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » February 3rd, 2017, 2:09 pm

Fatrav wrote:Absolute dross. It got 5 stars in the Times. Two and a quarter hours of misery and time I'll never get back. To be avoided at all costs.

I didn't thin it was quite that bad, but agreed I wouldn't say 5 stars, 6 / 10 from me, it had its moments.

todthedog
Lemon Slice

Postby todthedog » February 4th, 2017, 6:28 pm

I was dragged to see Manchester by the sea, in the 'of course I'll come mode' fully expected to enter snooze after a short period. It is about how a family deal with a duel tragedy. Not at all my normal fare, but it was excellent , a few moments of sly humour, fantastic acting, and not boring though the subject matter was pretty grim. Beautifully filmed. When you come out of a movie you fully expected to hate and the worse thing you can think to say that you thought the director could have been more imaginative with the sound track (Albinoni) it can't be bad.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”