Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

A Monster Calls

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
zico
Lemon Quarter

A Monster Calls

Postby zico » January 16th, 2017, 11:21 pm

4/10.
Drama about a young lad - his mother is dying, he is bullied at school and A Monster Calls (Liam Neeson) to help him to get through all of this.
Susan Sarandon features, but has little to do, and is wasted in this.
It's a different way of telling a sad story, focusing on the boy's reactions and how he tries to cope with the Monster being used to tell the story in a slightly unusual way.
Ultimately depressing and not massively insightful or clever. Apparently it's a weepie. Most critics love it, but it was a big disappointment for me.

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Re: A Monster Calls

Postby bulltraderpt » February 3rd, 2017, 2:07 pm

zico wrote:4/10.
Drama about a young lad - his mother is dying, he is bullied at school and A Monster Calls (Liam Neeson) to help him to get through all of this.
Susan Sarandon features, but has little to do, and is wasted in this.
It's a different way of telling a sad story, focusing on the boy's reactions and how he tries to cope with the Monster being used to tell the story in a slightly unusual way.
Ultimately depressing and not massively insightful or clever. Apparently it's a weepie. Most critics love it, but it was a big disappointment for me.

No I enjoyed it, 6 / 10 from me.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”