Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Downton Abbey - Netflix

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Downton Abbey - Netflix

Postby Leothebear » April 23rd, 2024, 9:54 am

You may be surprised by this choice as we're so familiar with the series of 2010-2015.
On Netfix it's compiled in six series each of 9 hour+ long episodes.

Mrs LTB and I were rather bereft of ideas so decided to give DA a rerun. Well, I'm not sure if I'd forgotten a lot of it or stopped viewing well before the end, but it's been a delight. As a period drama it hasn't dated a jot. It simply has it all, much of which I hadn't fully appreciated first time round. It's full of humour, Maggie Smith in particular is hilarious. I seem to remember thinking the characters were all too good to be true but one by one they're all shown to have flaws and be quite human. There's tragedy, joy, sadness, criminality - you name it.

I'm sure many of you will have seen just how good the series was first time around, but if you didn't, like me, then give it another spin. Well worth it IMO.

Leo

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Re: Downton Abbey - Netflix

Postby Gerry557 » April 23rd, 2024, 4:42 pm

I have to admit this wouldn't be my thing but put it on for others and found myself actually watching it. I think there are a couple of films to go alongside the TV series.

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”