Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

“Super Bubbles” enter the final act - Jeremy Grantham

including Budgets
CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Re: “Super Bubbles” enter the final act - Jeremy Grantham

Postby CliffEdge » September 5th, 2022, 11:05 am

As I've been saying for a long time there will be a huge collapse in asset prices.

CliffEdge
Lemon Quarter

Postby CliffEdge » September 5th, 2022, 11:10 am

As I've been saying for a long time there will not be a huge collapse in asset prices.

TahiPanasDua
Lemon Slice

Postby TahiPanasDua » September 5th, 2022, 12:09 pm

It is an absolute fact that it is impossible to predict the future. However, humans, like all animals, are programmed to try. We have to anticipate life-threatening dangers to ensure preservation of the species. We have to try. We can't help it!

I often think this instinct is at work when reading posts on this forum, perhaps never more so than with those super-complex investment strategies that frequently pop up. Being human, however, is not a failing.

There are huge numbers of tantalising historical "facts" out there which can be assembled in almost endless sequences to tempt us to prove what we all along wanted to prove. It is a form of confirmation bias.

Having said all that, my own animal instinct is telling me that given all the negative factors around the world and the hugely overblown values of US stocks, there's a hungry lion lurking in those bushes ahead.

TP2.

Return to “The Economy”